“Very Nice Hotel”

The Chattanoogan
Ranked #8 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My family and I stayed at the Chattanoogan as a Spring Break Vacation. We received the Spring Break Package which included 4 tickets to the Aquarium and 4 tickets to the Discovery Museum at a really good price. The outside of this hotel looks different than any hotel I have gone to but the inside is beautiful. The only problem I encountered was my room came with free valet parking but they tried to charge me at the beginning of my stay and at the end of my stay. The staff was very friendly and corrected it for me. I also wish there was a microwave in the room and complimentary breakfast would have been nice. Overall everything was great. I would recommend this hotel.

3  Thank Tamekka G
LauraBatchelor, Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at The Chattanoogan. Our Spring Break Package is very popular and a great value to our guests. We are sorry that you had to remind the hotel to remove the valet charges, but are happy that our front desk agents were able to help you. Thank you for your suggestion of a microwave in the rooms, it is something we are taking into consideration. We hope that you will visit us again if you travels bring you back to Chattanooga.
Director of Operations

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

The hotel was clean, the breakfast buffet was excellent, but more than anything we received outstanding service throughout our stay at the Chattanoogan. All staff were friendly and helpful. But when out car didn't fit in the parking garage by about 1 inch of clearance, a hotel worker on his way home himself, stopped to help us. And then he went back in to the hotel to arrange for us to get the valet parking at the self-parking rate. Talk about going above and beyond! Then there was a miscommunication regarding our breakfast package. Apparently the hotel policies for booking the package had recently changed, but they made it right for us, honoring what we had been told on the phone. All of the staff at the Chattanoogan went out of their way to make us feel welcome and provide an excellent experience. Would definitely recommend it to others and would stay there again ourselves. (But if you are allergic to down or feathers, be sure to ask about hypoallergenic pillows & bedding. I should have done that while I was there.)

3  Thank Linda S
LauraBatchelor, Manager at The Chattanoogan, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

I would like take this opportunity to thank you very much for taking the time to offer your compliments regarding your recent stay. Please be assured that I will post your comments for all of the team members at The Chattanoogan to enjoy. We do have hypoallergenic pillows available next time you are here and we will be happy to have them delivered to your room.
Should your travels bring you back to Chattanooga in the future, we look forward to being given another opportunity to provide you with the level of service you have come to expect!

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Nice hotel. One of the best breakfast buffets I have seen a hotel offer and I travel a lot for business. I take my hat off to the morning chef. He knows how to cook grits. The pillows are small and hard, not very condusive to a good night's sleep. Overall, not a bad stay. When I called to make my reservation as part of the group I was with, I was quoted a price that was actually one dollar higher than their three day special. I thought that was odd. Seems like for a block of 50 rooms they would have done a better deal

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor with a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Bulldog1982

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I have passed along your compliments to our breakfast culinary team and they were thrilled that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet.
We look forward to your return .

Director of Operationsok

Reviewed 1 April 2012

We were traveling for pleasure with our 2 young children. We booked the suite and put the children on the pull out couch and stayed in the king size in the bedroom. Because we got the separate rooms, we thought it was a good value. the bathroom was large and clean and we all loved the jacuzzi tub and rain shower! The hotel was in great shape and clean and the staff was friendly and helpful.

3  Thank michelle g

It was a pleasure to read your comments regarding your stay. I am glad to here your family enjoyed the courtyard suite.
We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

We took a brief family trip and stayed at the Chattanoogan. The hotel tends to be a bit pricey, but if you can get one of their specials, or other discount, it's well worth it. The room was very nice and clean. Staff was nice. Kids loved the pool and whirlpool. Only complaint I have is regarding the valet parking. We called downstairs for them to bring our vehicle well before we went down, and when we made it down there, they had not even pulled our keys yet! Another lady had done the same thing and was waiting also. They finally went to get her car and brought the wrong vehicle!!!!! This is not the first time, we've had problems with the valet parking service. If you don't mind the walk to the parking garage, I suggest that you pay a few dollars less and park your own car.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Tracy L

Thank you for taking the time to relay the positive and negatives about your stay with us. It does sound like everyone had a great time! I do apologize for the valet service, that is not the standard here and has been addressed. .
We do hope you will return to The Chattanoogan for your next visit.