“Best deal in the whole town” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of City Cafe Diner

City Cafe Diner
Ranked #27 of 822 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
alexandria, VA.
“Best deal in the whole town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

We lucked into this wonderful diner by staying at the Days Inn. The manager Gary Haworth saw to our every need and reminded us of the discount you get by staying at the Days Inn. The food portions are gigantic and the quality absolutely terrific. We ate there at least seven times and were never disappointed with anything. These folks personify southern hospitality and are absolutely great. It was a real pleasure lucking into this wonderful diner. Thanks Gary !!!

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Nashville, Tennessee
“So good we went there twice in 24 hours.!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2010

We were in town for the 3 state 3 mountain bike ride, staying down the block. We went for dinner and had the best food. Lots of good food, good service, and great atmosphere.
It's a diner, so lot's of characters coming in and out. Great for people watching.
I had a grilled chicken sandwich and husband had a gyros platter, both were delicious and so much food we could hardly eat it all. I had the good luck to be facing the video screen showing all their delicious desserts. As a self confessed icing addict.... I had to try some of the desserts, they are huge.. think two cakes topped on one another, two cheesecakes on top of each other.. you get the idea, they have a professional pastry chef that only works for them making their dessert. It showed, they are works of art and eyes rolling to back of the head at memory of cheesecake... better than S-E-X. We asked if they had any plans to come to nashville .. they do! I can't wait. This is ONE GREAT PLACE TO EAT. GO Right now, I mean it!!! It was so good we went back the next morning for breakfast, serious huge omelets, and yummy pancakes. I wish they would ship those desserts... mmmm! : )

Kingston, Tennessee
“As nice as the original location: 24-7 & nearly 400 items on the menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2010

I love the original City Cafe Diner. If you are downtown Chattanooga at 1 am, its simply the best place to go period. This location is the same for the northern edges of town. ITs across the street from Northern Tools (making this a field trip destination), and just west of the lee highway/I-75 exit. The menu is vast. You can choose from breakfast, traditional sandwitchs, Italian, Greek, weekly specials page and so much more. Every single time I have eaten here (or the original) I am stunned at how much food you get for the price. Quality is good too: its a diner so its not gourmet, but I have always liked everything I have ordered. Service was top notch. I had a new waiter named Cory, and you could not ask for a friendlier, efficient server. Plus, if you have never had a desert here, you need to examine the case as you walk in. Cakes need to be served with a warning : "so tall you make get altitude sickeness if consumed". Honestly one piece serves 4 people (and I am in no way a tiny man). Simply put, it feels homey, the service is good, the selection is huge, the quality is fine, and the prices are a very good deal.

• 4 of 5 bubbles