“Pleasant Surprise”
Review of Public House

Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 922 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Dedicated stop on the free electric shuttle.
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Dropped in to have a Saturday afternoon cocktail after Lookout Mtn. excursion. To our Delight the server was so nice and suggested a red wine for me, turns out great, My husband had a beer. We ordered appetizer cheese and meat, It was fantastic, had spiced pecans, a spread with toasted points along with the 2 meats and cheese. Was delicious. Later server and I talked and she suggested a different wine that was her favorite red. Tried it and loved it. Overall experience Great, would like to go back and have Dinner. Would recommend for all.

Date of visit: August 2018
jerrico01, Public Relations Manager at Public House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Amy, thank you for trying Public House. We're glad your server's suggestions were enjoyed. Thank you for recommending us to other TripAdvisor users.

Reviewed 4 August 2018

This is one of my go to staple restaurants in Chattanooga. If you're looking for gourmet comfort food in a nice upscale setting, this is your place. I'm partial to the fried pickles with pimento cheese. My husband loves the burger. Many people rave over the fried chicken. Stop in for lunch when the weather is nice and eat on the deck outside above the Chattanooga streets in a great area.

Date of visit: May 2018
jerrico01, Public Relations Manager at Public House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Heather, thanks for the recommendation. You've described a lot of the things that people tell us make Public House special. Thanks for giving TripAdvisor users an idea of what to expect and how to get the best experience.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

This was our first visit, but it certainly will not be the last. We were in town on a mini-vacation and had seen the reviews and decided to give it a try. WOW WHAT AN AWESOME lunch is how we felt at the end of our meal. Great service. The staff was so very nice and friendly. They made us feel right at home. The food portions were fantastic and the taste of the food was awesome. We will be back.

Date of visit: July 2018

Thank you, musicmaker659. We love to hear this. And we hope you do visit us again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

Wonderful restaurant and staff. Freshly prepared and nice size portions. Finished our meal with a wonderful peanut butter pie.

Date of visit: July 2018
jerrico01, Public Relations Manager at Public House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We're glad the peanut butter pie hit the spot.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited the Public House as we attended a life coaching weekend with Richard Flint. Our first evening we had dinner at Public House. I had the fried chicken which was very good. It is soaked in “Sweet Tea” according to our server. Whatever they did, it was very good. My wife had a crab cake and salad. It was outstanding. We wrapped up our meal with desert. I had the banana pudding and my wife had the peanut butter pie. Both were very good. I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank TheDoodleBug

Thanks for your recommendation! We hope your weekend was awesome.