All reviews front desk cinnamon rolls pancake machine room was clean would definitely stay here again parking fee nice breakfast indoor pool king suite local attractions yogurt breakfast bar business center convenient location staff was very friendly hot breakfast great room
Reviewed 18 August 2018

I was on an unexpected trip and planned to spend the night in Chattanooga so I called my hotel of choice, Holiday Inn Express about40 minutesprior to arrival (mid week). The gentleman at the service was great. He booked a room and gave me directions. When I arrived he extended the same quality service.

Let me say that the lady in charge of breakfast was organized and accommodating because I overslept and was late. Breakfast is my favorite way to start the day and she was made sure I ate. The hotel breakfast bar was extensive and delicious.

Date of stay: August 2018
Rene' B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Mjo633,

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Here to move a daughter into college. Hotel was clean, comfortable and well run. Staff are polite, professional and helpful. The room was comfortable in every way, and the full complimentary breakfast was delicious. Great stay!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Rene' B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear dondarden6669,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Express CHATTANOOGA DOWNTOWN. We hope your daughter has a wonderful experience at UTC!

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at other hotels in Chattanooga and this is probably my favorite. Close to downtown, free parking (for members), rooms are predictably clean and staff always kind.

Even though there is construction and a freeway close by, noise was not an issue.
No complaints!!

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear DeniseK,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Express CHATTANOOGA DOWNTOWN. We are so happy to be your favorite!! You are the reason we do this everyday and you are our favorite!!

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Overall, this is a good hotel with mostly positive features. The biggest problem was that the hallway smelled like really dirty, wet socks!

Positives:
The hotel is very close to, but not in, the downtown area, which makes travel to downtown very easy.

The room was clean and had a modern look with small sitting area and a desk. There were several pillow options, which I appreciate.

In-room amenities included flat-screen TV, microwave, mini-fridge, and pod coffee maker.

The front desk staff was friendly.

The breakfast was decent - the standard Holiday Inn fare: breads, small pre-made omelettes, yogurt, cereal, etc.

Negatives:
As noted above, the hallway was very smelly.

There were no USB ports anywhere in the room, not even on the desk light. This is becoming a standard feature at hotels, so I was surprised this HI didn't have any USB ports.

The bed was a little bit firm for my taste.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Rene' B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Jim-nashvegas,

Reviewed 24 July 2018

We stayed 3 nights during a convention, the room was clean, the breakfast was good, the Ladies working the breakfast bar were real friendly.
The only problem I had was my microwave didn’t heat up enough to pop some popcorn I wanted to pop, and tried to warm a bagel and it took almost a minute to get it warm enough to eat.
I did love the Kerig coffee maker in the room.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Rene' B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear 715faithc,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Express CHATTANOOGA DOWNTOWN. We will look into the microwave issue and correct.