“This place is a dump and a rip-off!”

Howard Johnson Chattanooga Lookout Mountain
Ranked #74 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Chicago, Illinois
“This place is a dump and a rip-off!”
Reviewed 6 April 2011

We stayed here on 3/31/11 as a last resort after driving all day. The lobby seemed nice enough and they had available rooms. When we got into the room (1:00AM) we noticed it was dirty, but there was not enough light in the room to really investigate (you have to walk halfway into room to turn on a light). When we woke the next morning, it was clear that the room had not been vacuumed previous to our stay and there were cigarette burns in the bedding, plus the room smelled of ?. The Manager at night was rude, the indoor pool was covered and they offered the pool next door which was disgusting. This place should be condemned, it is amazing that they have the nerve to charge people to stay at this dump. At all costs, avoid this hole.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 4 February 2011

No kidding! I took a bed bug class, so i checked the hotel bed before unpacking and UCK found lots of crawling BUGS. I freaked and left the room. Our friend and my husband went into the room doubting me so they pulled the sheets off. LOTS of bugs and a Hyperdermic needle was on the mattress!!!!
We LEFT and they re-rented the room to unsuspecting travelors. Our GROUP got wind the next morning and everyone checked out and went to a new clean hotel. FIRST time i ever saw BED bugs in a hotel... disgusting... the owner did NOT care Choice Hotels is the owner.... they own lots of brands not just Quality Inn.. Travelers Beware... in my opinion they are disgusting....

Morrow, Ohio
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Found the room less than suitable. Wall had exposed wiring where the fire alarm was suppose to be. The fire alarm was disassembled on the bureau. Carpet was not vacuumed which means when you walked across the carpet you collected unclean things on your feet which went onto the bed sheets. The tub water would not drain, so even though I took a shower I stood in dirty water. Friends found bugs crawling in their bed when they pulled back the bed sheets. Also they found a hypodermic needle under the sheets. Was told by the front desk that our friends were lying about the bugs, even though we were eye wittnesses to the bugs. Our friends were given the opportunity to stay in another filty room which they did not accept. The group we traveled with had similar experiences and most of us checked out and went to the Hampton Inn. Even though the Hampton was about $20 more a night, it was worth sleeping in a clean comfortable bug free room. I would never stay here again nor the Comfort Inn which is across from the Quality. Both motels are owned by the same person.

Stayed October 2010
Lebanon, Ohio
Reviewed 15 October 2010

bedbugs, roaches, non-working plumbing, dirty floors, unmade beds, rude management, OTHER ITEMS TOO NUMEROUS TO MENTION, this had to have been the worst experience in all of my stays in motels. There was a group of 27 Goldwing motorcycles touring the area and staying in this motel...after the first night 20 of us checked out and went to a nicer place (super 8)

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 14 October 2010

I planned to stay at this facility 2 nights with a group requiring a total of about 25 rooms reserved months about 2 months in advance. After checking in I went directly to dinner and upon returning to the room found it to be disgusting, dirty (floors not swept for ?), crudely patched holes in the walls chairs badly stained and with holes, the closet hanger brackets torn out of the wall and the coat hanger rod stuck into the wall, the border strip on the walls at the ceiling torn, loose, and missing in spots. I was also overcharged about $20.00 above the agreed upon rate for our group. This was the worse room in a Choice Hotels property I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in quite a few of the properties over the last few years. After a few calls and then a trip to the lobby I finally got my money back. The next morning I found out other members of my group had problems even worse than mine!! Some of these problems were; live bedbugs, cockroaches smashed on walls, a hypodermic needle found under a mattress, clogged plumbing, a top lock that fell out of the door. I will never stay at this motel again and would strongly recommend no one else stay her either. I would hope Choice Hotels inspects this property and cancels their franchise.