“AT Break”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Butler
Iron Mountain Inn B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Butler B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

A very nice place to take a rest from the trail. Vicky does a wonderful job. She will pick you up and return you to the trail and treat you like a king while at the inn. The private rooms are spacious and comfortable. Each with its own private bath. I highly recommend a stay here if you are looking for a quiet beautiful place to relax

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

Wow, what a gem! Nestled away at the foot of the Appalachian Trail in Butler, TN within easy driving distance of lake Watauga for boating or about a half hour or so to Johnston city for a little brewery art and food action, this homey b&b is a treasure. Vicky the owner is incredible and so dedicated, she makes you feel like a visiting relative, not a customer! She was a great guide to the area and even followed us with our car to the trail head and drove us back so we could leave our car there for after a 9 mile hike on the trail the next day! She cooks luxuriant food for breakfast and treats throughout the day and even shared wine cheese and crackers. The views from the porch of the mountains are lovely and even if you aren't up for hiking the Appalachian trail, you can still get plenty of pristine hiking done around her property. The room was nice and well stocked with warm beverages and treats. We will be back and can't say enough what a great host Vicky of Iron Mountain Lodge was!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BethanyStyer
amountainlady, Owner at Iron Mountain Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Thanks for your nice comments. And look forward to your return....always fun to have ""new old friends" stay with us.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

We've stayed at IMI so many times I've pretty much run out of things to say. We enjoy the Fall season the best. The trees are magnificent, the trails are great and the weather is mild. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Breakfast is served each morning and is a fully cooked breakfast, different each day. One day we hiked straight up the mountain and intersected the AT. The other days, we took "waterfall" hikes and they were really fun. Ate dinners at Monsoon and Shirley's. We meet friends at IMI every year and it is always a special time.

Room Tip: All 4 rooms are nice
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2016

My wife and I made reservations for two nights in November and booked several activities in the surrounding area to see the sights while we were there. Vikki Woods e-mailed me the following afternoon informing me that my reservations had been cancelled because the group staying at the inn the week prior had decided to extend their stay by two days. I called her to clarify and she informed me that after I had submitted my reservations, the request for the group to stay two additional days came in. She said that since they had the whole inn booked that I would have to find somewhere else to stay. She suggested that I change my vacation dates to the weekend before so that she could accommodate both her customers. I found this to be an extremely poor way to manage business and quite unprofessional. Had she seemed sympathetic or had she offered a discount/incentive for future stay, I would not be typing this. I am sure the inn is fantastic, but I refuse to do business with people who conduct it in this manner.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank 93jdj
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

This is the place to be for tranquility. Imagine waking at dawn's first light to the
smell of fresh baking. Watch the sun crest over the mountains creating a masterpiece on the the fall's remaining leaves, golds, reds and burnt orange as the fog rises silently in layers. Hear twigs cracking and gravel shifting as fellow boarders head out on the trails around the Inn to make the most of the mountain air... THIS is Iron Mountain Inn B&B.

Vikki, the fascinating and energetic Octogenarian who built the Inn 20 years ago and still runs it, says one day she hopes 'to retire' but one gets the impression, if she does, it will be a retirement along the lines of her famous grandmother Grace Fortescue who learned to water ski at 75 and paraglide at 87!!!!

Now for the reason it was 4* instead of 5:
Cleanliness of the carpeting and ladybugs in the room. The carpet on the stairs and landing was pretty bad, in fact rather yucky to say the least. Not a deal breaker as we always bring flip flops for the rooms and bathrooms, however it must be noted as you can't miss it. The other issue was a major infestation of ladybugs. We understand that this is par for the course in this area at this time of year and Vikki DID vacuum them all up while we were out to dinner, so once again, not a deal breaker by any means but must be noted in all fairness.

Overall from the fantastic great room to the lovely familial books, antiques and curiosities that decorate Iron Mountain and everything in between (the Keurig on the landing, the fresh cookies in the room, chocolates on the pillows and the full steam showers) treat yourself to this getaway, it's well worth it.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank WhereToNextThen

Been to Iron Mountain Inn B&B? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK