“Annual Visit”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Butler
Iron Mountain Inn B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Butler B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 November 2016

We've stayed at IMI so many times I've pretty much run out of things to say. We enjoy the Fall season the best. The trees are magnificent, the trails are great and the weather is mild. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Breakfast is served each morning and is a fully cooked breakfast, different each day. One day we hiked straight up the mountain and intersected the AT. The other days, we took "waterfall" hikes and they were really fun. Ate dinners at Monsoon and Shirley's. We meet friends at IMI every year and it is always a special time.

Room Tip: All 4 rooms are nice
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 November 2016

My wife and I made reservations for two nights in November and booked several activities in the surrounding area to see the sights while we were there. Vikki Woods e-mailed me the following afternoon informing me that my reservations had been cancelled because the group staying at the inn the week prior had decided to extend their stay by two days. I called her to clarify and she informed me that after I had submitted my reservations, the request for the group to stay two additional days came in. She said that since they had the whole inn booked that I would have to find somewhere else to stay. She suggested that I change my vacation dates to the weekend before so that she could accommodate both her customers. I found this to be an extremely poor way to manage business and quite unprofessional. Had she seemed sympathetic or had she offered a discount/incentive for future stay, I would not be typing this. I am sure the inn is fantastic, but I refuse to do business with people who conduct it in this manner.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank 93jdj
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

This is the place to be for tranquility. Imagine waking at dawn's first light to the
smell of fresh baking. Watch the sun crest over the mountains creating a masterpiece on the the fall's remaining leaves, golds, reds and burnt orange as the fog rises silently in layers. Hear twigs cracking and gravel shifting as fellow boarders head out on the trails around the Inn to make the most of the mountain air... THIS is Iron Mountain Inn B&B.

Vikki, the fascinating and energetic Octogenarian who built the Inn 20 years ago and still runs it, says one day she hopes 'to retire' but one gets the impression, if she does, it will be a retirement along the lines of her famous grandmother Grace Fortescue who learned to water ski at 75 and paraglide at 87!!!!

Now for the reason it was 4* instead of 5:
Cleanliness of the carpeting and ladybugs in the room. The carpet on the stairs and landing was pretty bad, in fact rather yucky to say the least. Not a deal breaker as we always bring flip flops for the rooms and bathrooms, however it must be noted as you can't miss it. The other issue was a major infestation of ladybugs. We understand that this is par for the course in this area at this time of year and Vikki DID vacuum them all up while we were out to dinner, so once again, not a deal breaker by any means but must be noted in all fairness.

Overall from the fantastic great room to the lovely familial books, antiques and curiosities that decorate Iron Mountain and everything in between (the Keurig on the landing, the fresh cookies in the room, chocolates on the pillows and the full steam showers) treat yourself to this getaway, it's well worth it.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank WhereToNextThen
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Iron Mountain Inn while on an extended weekend trip. We enjoyed the company of Innkeeper Vikki she is a brilliant hostess and we feel as though we stayed with family. We hated to leave and are ready to go back. Missed seeing bears we were hoping any way.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2016

My wife & I went here last week for an anniversary trip and just loved it. The breakfasts and conversation with Vikki every morning at 8:30 are superb. Chocolate chip pancakes, bananas foster, a thick slice of ham, eggs, etc., etc.
And Vikki is so friendly. Guys, she had just turned 80, and she has the power to connect on a personal level with each of her guests.
But the only thing that keeps this from being a 5-star trip is the housekeeping, or the lack thereof. We returned to the room late one evening to find an unmade bed. As I am quite a bit OCD, I had to make the bed before then going to bed. Be prepared for this issue, but also be prepared for a ton of R&R!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Been to Iron Mountain Inn B&B? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK