See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 January 2017

The manager Bob was awesome. He gave me a great room with a wooden floor. Had plenty of channels, microwave, fridge and comfortable, clean beds. Walls were thick, so I could not hear the people next to me. Room was nice and warm, instead of cold and damp like the weather.

Room Tip: The back side is awy from the highway and lights
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

This is the first time I have been disappointed staying at American Inn. I should have walked out as soon as I was at the front counter. The man checking me told me he didn't have a reservation for me. I said yes I have an email in my phone. I made the reservation in your parking lot one hour ago then went to dinner. He wanted to know why didn't I just come in. I told him the price difference he processed to show me the sign on the wall that he has the right to refuse to serve me. I told me about a small patch of ice right as I stepped out of my car and he told me he couldn't do anything about it. Excuse me they do make rock salt or put a cone or trash can so someone doesn't fall. The room was nasty I didn't want to even take a shower. Check out the toilet paper what maid service would do this!!!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Not as cheap as some motels, but it had a very comfortable king bed, a good desk and chair, an upholstered chair and ottoman for reading with a lamp behind it, and a fast internet connection. Good hot coffee and cereal for breakfast. A very helpful man checked us in late and was at the desk in the morning. It was all good.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Ash m, General Manager at American Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016

Many thanks for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay.
We strive to provide best value for the money in the Bristol area.
Hope we get to see you soon in the near future.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

DO NOT STAY HERE! The hotel is bare bones and has not been updated since the 80s. The mattress was extremely hard and thin. But most importantly the people that work here are not helpful and extremely unfriendly. I had booked a room that was supposed to have one king size bed (this was all that they had available). I was given a room with 1 king and 1 couch. At first I thought this would be great because now my friend and I would not have to share a bed. That evening I called the front desk to ask for linens and pillows to use on the couch they refused to give me any. Luckily I had one blanket in the car so my friend was able to cover up while sleeping on the couch. Unfortunately we left a shirt at the hotel. When I called the next day to check to see if they had found it the man yelled at me saying "you did not specifically reserve a room with a couch, that was an "upgrade" that was given to you for free, which means you were not supposed to used the couch" He also refused to check with housekeeping to see if they had found my lost item. It should also be noted that check out is at 10:00 AM and they do not allow for a late check out. However, between the lousy bed, no linens for my friend and rude service I was happy to leave early! Terrible experience, I would not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2016

Nice place, fairly inexpensive. does have a decent breakfast. when you arrive don't turn right down the hill to the office, turn left and turn right into the parking lot for the motel next to this one then turn right and go over to the office. no swimming pool but we didn't care as we were in need f a nice quiet place to rest in the middle of our month long Mustang drive of Canada and the east coast. check in was ok, room was on 1st floor facing the interstate but was surprisingly quiet. food internet and television. shower was ok with plenty of hot water. beds were good. does have microwave and refrigerator in room. breakfast was average, waffles, cereal, juices etc. I(we) would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business