“Great people!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bristol
Columbus, Ohio
“Great people!”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

No matter what you say this hotel is the epitome of "Southern Hospitality." I don't know that there was one single employee that wasn't GREAT! It seemed like every turn in the road someone was right there to make sure my experience was the best that I've ever had. Thank you SO much!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeremy W
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this review, 4 February 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay here with us. I really appreciate the great comments that you had about our staff. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us while you were in this area.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Forest City, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I travel weekly to this area and have stayed at the Hampton Inn here because it is one of the few places left that allow smokers. The front desk staff are the greatest I have ever stayed with and are always helpful and willing to accomodate as able. The rooms are always clean. However...the biggest problem I have had at this hotel is that when reservations are made for a particular bed type, it is not always available at time of check-in. This has happened to me twice at this location and is very inconvienient! Will definitely be looking for another place to start staying in this area due to not being able to get the room that has been reserved!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Leigh-Anna B
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I really appreciate the great comments that you had about our front desk staff.
I wanted to let you know what happened when your room type was not available for you. We only have 7 smoking rooms. One of our heating units quit working and we did not want to give anyone a "cold" room. I sincerely apologize that your reserved room was not available for you.
Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I sincerely hope that you will continue to do so!
Alabama
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Stopped at Tennessee Welcome Center - very tired been traveling all day. Decided to stay the night and asked about Hampton Inn close by. Kind attendant checked on availability - we were advised to come on. We realized that we were on the Interstate - truck noise! Great front desk staff greeted us! We were given a listing of restaurants in the area. Returned to the room for an early evening. Noticed that window unit was a little loud. Did not know how loud until about 11:30 p.m. when all was quiet and it would go on and off - it work's on a setting and on and off loudly all night. Beds were good and the bath was clean. However with noise from the Interstate and the loud unit - made for a none restful evening. Early departure as we were awake anyhow. Nice breakfast - small eating area but it is divided into 2 sections - attendant was on the ball and a kind smile. Fresh fruit was great - as well as great coffee. Upon checkout mentioned the unit to the desk staff and she kindly made a note for maintenance. Back on Interstate!

Room Tip: Rooms opposite Interstate may be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank natsyd
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here with us. And thank you so much the nice compliments about our staff. I apologize that we were not able to find you a quieter room for your stay. When you return to this area, please let us know so that we can get you a room away from the Interstate.
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Conveniently located off I-81 for easy on - easy off, this is an older style Hampton, but kept up, that has above average customer service. Upon arrival and given my room, I was a little concerned as I was on the side near the highway. After expressing my concern to Heather, who checked me in, I went to get my bags out of the car. Upon reentering the hotel, Heather had checked for a room on the other end of the hotel and had already switched me. She even escorted me to my room to be sure it was suitable. I was impressed. She even recognized me as a Gold member.

Heather recommended the Brooklyn Grille for dinner, which is run by a local chef and his wife. It was out of this world. People come from all over to eat there.

Breakfast was on par with your Hampton breakfast with eggs and sausage and of course, I like their "Robust" coffee, where so many other hotel chains have watered down coffee.

If you're concerned about the trucks going by, request a room on the other side of the hotel, run the fan on your a/c and you'll be fine. The bed in my room had two doubles, but i was alone and didn't mind.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this review, 6 November 2011
Thank you for the great review. It really means alot to us that you took the the time to do that for us. I am so glad that you mentioned your concern about being close to the Interstate so we could get you into the quieter room. Hope to see you again very soon.
Charlotte
Reviewed 12 October 2011

The nicest people will take very good care of you and meet your every need. Thanks to the wonderful staff. It means so much to be treated so well when we are away from home!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
I really appreciate you taking the time to review our property. It really means alot to us that you enjoyed your stay here with us. Our guest's satisfaction is our number 1 goal here. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us while you were in this area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
0.1 km away
Comfort Inn
#4 of 13 in Bristol
12.9 km away
Quality Inn and Suites Bristol

Been to Hampton Inn Bristol? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK