“"Very Nice...few glitches"” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Paris, France
“"Very Nice...few glitches"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Booked for three day family wedding after reading positive Trip Advisor reviews...used the best rate for Hilton...no breakfast included, but great senior rate...no problem with getting there from Nashville Airport (good directions), very convenient to the church and country club (Belle Meade) and family home in Franklin...given room facing the atrium...very large, clean, nicely decorated...loved the comfortable bed, big towels. Room needs more light, hard to see...Coffeemaker, while convenient and easy to use with pods, produced weak coffee so one of us went down each am and utilized the lobby coffee which was delicious. Never wanted to have breakfast there...just brought in fruit and yogurt from nearby Krogers... Had lunch when we arrived and it came quickly, good hamburger for hubby, good chicken salad for me...would have like a placemat or tablecloth. Very nice waiter...Everything fine until the early am...heard the four loud little chilren next door as if they were in my room...screaming, yelling...walls seemed thin...could not even hear the tv and forget reading a book. Asked for a new room and the manager on duty noted that this family was in the restaurant with the kids running around, loudly playing with light sabers...packed up our stuff and moved to the quiet wing facing the back of the hotel...p.s. the pool is a magnet for families, no problem with that but...forget any peace and quiet or quiet swim...No problem with the new room until....the day of the wedding. I went downstairs early and requested that the room be ready, cleaned up so we could prepare for the wedding we were going to attend...different manager called housekeeping...I heard her give our number and out we went...Came back to a room that was not touched...everything was timed for our preparations...not a happy camper. Went to the housekeeper who I saw next door and asked her to begin cleaning our room quickly. I saw her sheet with no mention of what was requested early in the morning. Went downstairs and lodged a complaint...same female manager called housekeeping...also asked for shower cap which I never received....anyway, 15 minutes later, we came back to the room even though the housekeeper was not finished and told her that was it...she was very nice, apologetic...not her fault...finally day we left not problem checking out...nice hotel, but few glitches...need management to think where they place large families for the comfort of other guests...they must know about the thiness of the walls...and importantly it the management's job to follow through with important requests...

Room Tip: Request that no families with kids be nearby...may mean avoiding rooms facing the atrium...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TRybak, General Manager at Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Vmeer,
Thank you for the lovely review of our hotel and your experience. It sounds like you were here on one of our busy weekend with lots of kids and families as well as wedding guests. I apologize that we did not get your room cleaned at the requested time. I will be sure to follow up with our Housekeeping staff to see where we dropped the ball. That is not normal for us. I am sorry about the loud group next door to you in your original room. Again, thank you for the feedback as it always help us improve what we offer here.

Tom Rybak, CHA
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012 via mobile

As a diamond member, I'm typically offered an upgrade if one is available. If it's not it's no big but deal but it would be nice to be noticed. They don't even offer the arrival gift. Hilton honors are so different from one hotel to another they are almost worthless.

Stayed April 2012
TRybak, General Manager at Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear Frankatz,
Thank you for your feedback regarding Hilton HHonors. I am sorry we do not have upgrades here at our all-suite hotel. Every room is a suite so everyone gets an upgrade. As a Diamond Hilton HHonors member you receive free breakfast and bonus Hilton HHonors points at our hotel now. You used to have to choose one of those perks but now Hilton automatically gives both to Diamond members. I am not aware of a "welcome gift" that was ever done for Hhonors guests at Hilton's so that may be unique to a particular hotel you stayed at. We really try to take care of our HHonors guests here as we appreciate their loyalty and patronage of our hotel. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Tom Rybak, CHA
Gilson, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Suites Brentwood over Easter while we visited our daughter in Nashville. We stayed four nights and were given wonderful treatment as HHonors members. Our room was spotless and very spacious. Wow! The bathroom/dressing room is huge! The king size bed was so comfortable that we slept as well as at home each night. It was great having two flat-screen TV's, one in the living area and one in the bedroom. Also thanks to our maid for replacement bottles of water every day. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet each morning with having something different. The grill will make you anything you want--Belgium waffles, pancakes, french toast, omelets, etc. The food was wonderful! I loved the Belgium waffles, so I did have those two days. All pastries and fruit were very fresh. The hotel staff always had smiles on their faces and spoke every time we saw them. By the third day, they even recognized us by name. The day we checked into our room, our air conditioning was working correctly, but within 30 minutes the maintaince staff was there and had it fixed and cooled in no time. I would definitely recommend this hotel. I love the large atrium, gazebo and glass elevators. Thanks Hilton!

Room Tip: I would probably select a room on the 3rd or 4th floors for HHonors Members as it is wonderful to lo...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Memphis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

I've stayed in many hotels in the area, including The Hermitage downtown, and I had as good an experience here (and in some ways better) than any in the area. The price was GREAT, the breakfast very good and the rooms clean and quiet. The only suggestion I have is they need more luggage carts and to perhaps replace some of the sleeper sofas (but whose even slept on a comfortable sleepe sofa right?).

Room Tip: Room had microwave and mini fridge.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Anniston, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

First of all, the hotel is in a difficult location to get out of and parking is not ideal. Our room was also not ready at listed check-in time and were given breakfast coupons for inconvenience. The lobby and atrium are beautiful with glass elevators. The room and bathroom were good size, with living room as well. I was not very impressed with the look of the room, as I have stayed in other (budget) hotels that were equal to this....and this is supposed to be a Hilton!! Most of my complaints are asthetic (fraying carpet, stains in shower, etc) but the worst was the not functioning AC. It became very uncomfortable at night and wasn't really noticed until our last night there (our fault). There is also a lot of road noise from nearby interstate. The pool area is small but nice and was very clean. The breakfast buffet was very good and had many offerings. The waitress was very friendly and prompt. We did not try the restaurant for other meals. All in all, it was a decent, clean hotel but not worth the price.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from interstate side
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family