All reviews new owners mexican restaurant all you can eat dog park rv trip nice laundry facilities excellent amenities gift store deluxe cabin laundry room rv sites fire pit nice campground camp store level sites cable tv we've stayed
Reviewed 10 June 2017

My husband and i were looking for a place to stay while visiting family in Spearfish. I could not find anything on traditional vacation rental sites and we definitely didn't want to stay in a hotel but we weren't sure what to do. My parents had just stayed at this KOA in their camper the week before and RAVED about it - the cleanliness, the hosts, the location - everything, they LOVED it. They mentioned that we should check out these "deluxe" cabins the KOA had. I ended up booking one last minute and when we arrived i could not believe my eyes. These little deluxe cabins were the bee's knees!!! We walked in to such a cute house with really nice finishes. It had a 3/4 kitchen (the only thing missing was an oven), big bathroom with huge shower and the softest towels, high ceilings throughout, a nice sized bedroom with really soft linens and air conditioners in the bedroom AND the living room. Oh - and it had a futon in the main area and a dining room table with 4 chairs and a nice sized tv!! outside was a decently private patio with a cafe table & 4 chairs and then two additional wickers chairs + an electric BBQ AND a fire pit!!!! Seriously - we were blown away. In addition to all this, they had everything covered - a keurig + pods, all dishes needed (even a colander and cutting board!), a blow dryer, a private closet area plus hangars to hang your clothes - honestly, i truly can't think of anything they could have done to make this place better. We took our mornings and evenings on the patio with a glass of wine and it was so fun to see the goings on of the campground. This little place, and the owners, enhanced our stay more than i can articulate. I've raved to everyone I've talked to about this place - don't hesitate - book it!

Room Tip: I truly don't believe there is a bad location in this KOA!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Passing through to Montana for our 27 year wedding anniversary. Very Nice office assistant very clean accommodations and good advice on local places to eat. I think the requirement of 200 words is a little too much. Everything we needed was provided for you can say that in 25 words or less.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2017

There have been several very nice upgrades. The new showers are a very welcome change This KOA is a pleasant place. It is very well kept. The wifi reception was good; but perhaps it was due to the fact that it was early in the season and there was not much competition for access.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2017

The campground was beautifully kept. It was not far from the Interstate but was quiet. Wished we could have stayed longer to enjoy all the amenities. Our dogs did enjoy the dog park.
Enjoyed looking at everything offered in the store and found a nice shirt for my husband. Would definitely come back if in the area again!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2017

The Spearfish KOA was a great place to stay. The owners were very friendly and the property very well maintained. The showers were roomy and the laundry room was really clean and all machines work well.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo