All reviews room was clean typical marriott free breakfast rapid city gas station decent hotel hot breakfast every morning road trip easy access road construction first floor devils tower staff was very friendly walmart cereal washer
Reviewed 30 September 2017

This is a relatively new motel, and there is a lot of road construction occurring nearby. But, the building is very well sound insulated. We could barely hear the road roller across the street. We were on the first floor. Our room was adjacent to the kitchen, and we heard nothing through the walls. There was a large group an early eating breakfast and none of that noise came through. The beds were comfortable, but the mattresses creaked a bit when we turned over. The room was very clean. Overall we were very satisfied with the stay.

Room Tip: all I can say is that Room 111 was a good room to stay in
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017

I would have to say that this property was a little below the usual Marriott standards that we've come to expect. The wifi was difficult to connect to. The walls were little thin, making it pretty noisy at times. The staff seemed confused at times. I never got a correct bill when I checked out. Don't expect too much & you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Get on the top floor to minimize the noise.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
GMJoan, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Spearfish, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
I apologize for the issues you encountered during your recent stay. I hope you will give us a try if you are in the area again.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We made our reservations several months ago and always request a king bed or two queens. We also checked in 5 hours before arrival on their app. Upon arrival we were told the only room available was one queen bed and much to our surprise when we got to our room it was a handicapped. When checking out we complained to the two reps at the front desk. The response was you should have specified a non handicapped room when making reservation on line. I asked how do you do that on line and the response was "I don't know"! There was no offer of any compensation. Would not stay there again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
GMJoan, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Spearfish, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear CarolH852, Without complete details of your stay, I can only say is that you must have booked a single queen as we do not change room types on any guest. If the only room available was a handicapped single then we must have been sold out that night as we have been for the past few weeks. I am sorry you were not happy with that room. We try to accommodate the requests of our guests to the best of our availability. We hope you will give us another try if you are in the area.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I stay in Marriott brands for work & all are usually very good / excellent. Not here. Little things make a big difference. Passing through on a western Nat'l Parks road trip, using Marriott points. The woman who checked us (name started with I) didn't seem to like her job. Came into the room for 2 people to find just one regular coffee pod & one decaf. I guess it's a coin toss who gets to caffeinate in the am. I called front desk & the same clerk said, "I have no idea what should be there since I don't work in housekeeping but I may have more if you want to come down to the desk." At the desk she almost threw one packet at me. Then and also checking in, a young male (teen?) sat on his computer next to her smiling sheepishly but never looking up. Also at check in she told us WiFi is automatic when the Marriott home page opens. It wasn't so called downstairs to hear 'Oh yea try typing yellow.com" -- voila. Would have been nice to know at check in. Little things make a big difference.

The room was average. Seeing hair in the shower was gross. Only two - but not ours so two too many. We won't stay here again. There are a other brands in town that looked nice.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rocker_rep
GMJoan, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Spearfish, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
I apologize for the issues you encountered during your recent stay. I have spoken with the front desk associate about her interactions with you and how she could have handled it more appropriately. I have also spoken with the housekeeping supervisor regarding the cleanliness issue you reported to insure that this is addressed with all of the housekeeping staff to insure it does not happen again.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

this was a nice hotel -- clean and comfy. staff was helpful. Even though major construction was ongoing on the street and interstate out front, . Hotel was accessible.

We appreciated the card for Luckys --great please to eat.!!
thanks

Room Tip: neighbors upstairs were a little noisy.. manageable....
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple