“Horrible Service!!!!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

This is probably the worst service I have ever had in Rapid City, and I grew up here. I ordered food at 6:03 pm.... it is now 8:25 and I still do not have my food. I can understand if I had ordered a ton of food. This was for my two daughters, 8 & 11, and myself. By the time we get our food it will be bedtime. There was 8 people that came in, were seated, ate and left by this time. I talked to the hostess, who was rude and could have cared less about it taking so long. She said they overlooked the order, so... sorry. So... sorry? Really?? Then she says that they don't even have the egg rolls that we had ordered. I asked to talk to the manager, there was not one there. She said you can call on Monday and talk to the owner, nothing I can do about it. The food finally gets here, and she had told the delivery guy after I talked to her, that she didn't know what my problem was, but I was pissed for no reason. Horrible service!!!

Reviewed 23 August 2017

This is one of my "musts" for every time I visit Rapid City! My three favorites are miso coup, Spicy Tuna Roll and Dakota Roll! Even if I am just rolling through I call ahead and eat it on the road! It is a little tucked away but totally worth the looking! They also have a kids meal that my 8 year old son loves!

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

This is the second time eating here and both times have we have loved it. Went this time with Mother in law who is very critical on what she eats and she even gave it 5 stars. We had 5 different types of sushi and all was very fresh tasting and presentation was great. We also had the coconut shrimp. And let me tell ya. It was to die for. We visited around 530 on a Saturday and it was 1/3 full of patrons. Only 1 waitress and sushi chef on duty. Wait time was about 20 minutes from ordering to food arriving. I'm sure if it was busy wait times would be close to 45 minutes. But well worth it. I'd say plan ahead on time and enjoy.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

My friend and I went here to get sushi because it is hard to find good sushi in the middle of South Dakota, so we went to Ichiban because my friend likes the sushi here. The menu had a variety of rolls and other dishes to eat for reasonable prices. The sushi was made to order and fresh. The staff was friendly, and the restaurant was neat and clean. To be honest, I've had better sushi at other locations. It was pretty average, but it certainly beats gas station sushi.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

I ordered a katsu-don and an udon. First udon came in a sizzling pot which I've never seen in Japan nor any part of the world. The noodles were too much cooked, the soup was nothing like I've tasted in the name of "Japanese". And the katsu-don itself was a laughing surprise as well. It was not a "don"(a bowl, a donburi). and the katsu was over fried, it was hard as a rock. I didn't find the staff accommodating and it was a huge disappointment to eat there. I've traveled and/or lived in Japan, Europe, India etc. and it was the most unauthentic Japanese food of all.

Been to Ichiban? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK