All reviewsroom was cleanplace to stayvisiting rapid citya great staycontinental breakfastmicrowave
Reviewed 29 July 2017

The office staff was very friendly and helpful, and the room was clean. It was easy to get to the many attractions in the area from their location. The microwave, refrigerator, WIFI were all included in the room price. .

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeRoy R
Reviewed 27 July 2017

This motel is a great deal in a convenient location to downtown Rapid City. I spent a week in one of the non-remodeled rooms, and I can say with confidence if you are at all hesitant about booking one of those rooms, don't be. While I'm sure the room wasn't as fancy as the updated rooms, it was perfectly clean and the a/c, tv, microwave, and fridge all worked fine. Plenty of towels were provided as well as shampoo, conditioner, soap, and body lotion. The motel staff were friendly and helpful. I have seen some reviews describe the neighborhood as "sketchy." While we did see some slightly sketchy characters in the nearby Prairie Mart, I can honestly say I never felt unsafe in the area, and we walked to dinner every night, sometimes walking back late. We had no problems and felt comfortable during our stay. I would not hesitate to stay here again if I was visiting Rapid City.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank WackyCat
Reviewed 21 July 2017

We had two rooms, suites that were supposed to have been handicap accessible...I called ahead and talked with the desk clerk before we made online reservations. She told me the rooms were easily accessible. When we got there it was late, and the rooms were not handicap friendly, down at the bottom of stairs.

One suite was swapped for another room, but the smell was terrible...and the furnishings were worn out. The manager refused to return our money. The suite was attractive but very very hot. It didn't cool off all night even with the help of a box fan.

We tried to find other accomodations when we got there and discovered the "miscommunication." The manager was quite rude to my sister when she asked for a refund, saying she never called ahead about the rooms. What he didn't realize was I was waiting in the car, making calls back home to our family, and I was the one who placed the calls, I didnt go in with the others. By the time I learned about what was said, our parents were too tired to travel further that night anyway.

I was quite shocked to learn that, basically, the man called my 90 year old parents and 65-year old sister liars. "We called ahead" should have been sufficient. I dont know if the desk clerk I spoke with had gone for the day or if she just didnt was to engage with this man.

I understand this motel has new management now. I hope so, and I hope weary travelers are treated with more respect and honesty than we received that night in addition to a sweet smelling, comfortable room.

Room Tip: Ask to see a photo of stairs down to suite entrances.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2017

The woman at the front desk was extremely nice, and our room was perfectly clean. It had the benefit of being very quiet, which was not the case for some of our (softball) teammates who stayed at bigger hotels along I-90. For the price we paid, our stay at Avanti was well worth it. The donut shop down the road is worth a visit.

Room Tip: We were in room eleven, and it was quiet and clean.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laura M
Reviewed 2 July 2017

The front desk person was very nice. I took one of the older rooms and cheaper rooms, so was not surprised it was older and needed some repairs. Room looked clean when I first came in.... unfortunately after my mother had already was asleep I got a gross surprise.

Both of my pillow cases were very stained. Not only were there the 2 larger stains there were areas which looked like they were moldy. Look close before settling in for the night.

other minor complaints - towels were worn out, refrigerator control broken.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family