All reviewsroom was cleanplace to stayvisiting rapid citya great staycontinental breakfastmicrowave
Reviewed 21 July 2017

We had two rooms, suites that were supposed to have been handicap accessible...I called ahead and talked with the desk clerk before we made online reservations. She told me the rooms were easily accessible. When we got there it was late, and the rooms were not handicap friendly, down at the bottom of stairs.

One suite was swapped for another room, but the smell was terrible...and the furnishings were worn out. The manager refused to return our money. The suite was attractive but very very hot. It didn't cool off all night even with the help of a box fan.

We tried to find other accomodations when we got there and discovered the "miscommunication." The manager was quite rude to my sister when she asked for a refund, saying she never called ahead about the rooms. What he didn't realize was I was waiting in the car, making calls back home to our family, and I was the one who placed the calls, I didnt go in with the others. By the time I learned about what was said, our parents were too tired to travel further that night anyway.

I was quite shocked to learn that, basically, the man called my 90 year old parents and 65-year old sister liars. "We called ahead" should have been sufficient. I dont know if the desk clerk I spoke with had gone for the day or if she just didnt was to engage with this man.

I understand this motel has new management now. I hope so, and I hope weary travelers are treated with more respect and honesty than we received that night in addition to a sweet smelling, comfortable room.

Room Tip: Ask to see a photo of stairs down to suite entrances.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2017

The woman at the front desk was extremely nice, and our room was perfectly clean. It had the benefit of being very quiet, which was not the case for some of our (softball) teammates who stayed at bigger hotels along I-90. For the price we paid, our stay at Avanti was well worth it. The donut shop down the road is worth a visit.

Room Tip: We were in room eleven, and it was quiet and clean.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laura M
Reviewed 2 July 2017

The front desk person was very nice. I took one of the older rooms and cheaper rooms, so was not surprised it was older and needed some repairs. Room looked clean when I first came in.... unfortunately after my mother had already was asleep I got a gross surprise.

Both of my pillow cases were very stained. Not only were there the 2 larger stains there were areas which looked like they were moldy. Look close before settling in for the night.

other minor complaints - towels were worn out, refrigerator control broken.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2017

We were greeted by a very friendly and helpful lady in the office. The room was big ! The room itself had a big sink, microwave and refridgerator. The carpet looked brand new and so did the bathtub. The bathroom itself was smaller but had a good shower with great waterpressure to wash my long hair and a anti slip floor. We had plenty of towels and toileteries. Coffee and tea were 24/7 in the office. The mattrass was good, the room clean and a great number of pillows and bedrolls. Time to relax on the garden chairs outside the room. Easy to navigate to and from the hotel. A laundramat is nearby with very friendly people there to help you, the city center is very near as well. No doubting...just book the hotel

Room Tip: 20, corner room on the ground floor for a good night sleep
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2017

I'd stay here again on a cool night (the price is right), but not on a day it gets up into the 80's. The room we stayed in had been renovated, but the a.c. wall unit had NOT been renovated. Also, the unit blows right into the old shades, so the little cool air it puts out doesn't go into the room. We were on the 2nd floor and the room was clean with new carpets, etc., etc., but just too warm. I couldn't imagine staying here in the summer. The bed was comfortable. There is a flat screen t.v., microwave and fridge. The place from the outside is antiquated. Parking is a little tight. It is a short drive from downtown Rapid City. Two other things, the shower is a little tricky and check-out is at 10am! When I am on a vacation...I prefer the 11am check-out most places offer. No continental breakfast. Also, there seem to be limited front desk hours, nobody after 11pm...and, when we arrived around 4pm, we had to wait a bit for anybody to show-up.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple