“Above average buffet food”
Review of New China Luck

New China Luck
Ranked #79 of 291 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: New China Luck is a family-owned and operated restaurant. You can count on us to provide you with a wide range of authentic Chinese food. Military personnel get a discount on their visit. Visit us today and taste the flavors of China.
Reviewed 13 June 2017

We came in for late lunch, so there were a few customers there. The food was relative fresh because there was not a lot food in each tray and they keep checking on them, once a dish was very low, they would make more to fill up the tray. I tried four dishes - shrimp with vegetable, green beans and vegetable tempera were good, sesame chicken was average.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Really well prepared food on the lunch buffet. The flavors run deep in each entree. I'm not really into buffets, but I never pass a chance to enjoy this one.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

We love China Luck! It's our favorite Chinese in SD! :) I've never been a fan of buffets, but because this place is so clean, and they bring fresh food out so frequently we like to go to the buffet after church on sundays. Usually we order to go while we're in town :) so yummy! People are so friendly that work there too!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

My family was in the mood for Chinese one evening and I had been told that this place was absolutely delicious since the new owners took over. We decided to give it a try. We order Bourbon chicken and Walnut shrimp to share. Everything was amazing! The food was hot, delicious and plentiful (we had leftovers for lunch the next day). I do believe we have found our new favorite place for Chinese food.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

My husband and I moved to Rapid City 2 weeks ago. Our first meal was at this quaint little restaurant. I ordered the beef bulgogi and my husband had the general tso chicken. Both were outstanding! We also ordered the crab angles and hot and sour soup. Crab angles were amazing. The soup was good, not as hot (spicy) or as sour as we prefer it but we're pretty darn picky when it comes to hot and sour soup!

Sooo...just today, we decided to give the lunch buffet a go. So glad we did! It was the best Chinese buffet I have ever had in my 33 years of life. Every single item we took was delicious. Our server was wonderful as well, very friendly and prompt. We will most definitely be back.

Date of visit: December 2016