We stayed with our family and dog in the Fall. We got a good rate compared to other hotels in the area, and our 9 year-old was very excited about the water slide. The staff was courteous and the room was basic but clean. Beds were not bad, but not the upper end pillow tops with down comforters that are becoming ubiquitous in mid scale hotels. TV was LCD flat screen.
A couple of minor maintenance issues came up. AC didn't work, though with the outside temperature the fan kept things sufficiently cool (we like to sleep cold). The exterior door's security lock had been removed with the wires hanging out. Hot tub was filled with soap like foam both nights. The timer on the water slide was not functioning.
The indoor pool and water slide were a hit with the kids. The place was pretty overrun, but that's what it's there for, right? The pool was much cooler the second night; I'm guessing that it got hit pretty hard all day Saturday and just couldn't keep up. The chemicals (bromine) were pretty heavy, but with such heavy usage, I don't know what the alternative would be.
The parking lot and hallways were pretty lively after midnight. We could clearly hear several groups of people coming back from the bars around 2:00. I'm not particularly squeamish about that sort of thing (that was me in the parking lot 20 years ago), but I found myself looking out the window a few times to make sure the car was still ok. My wife was approached twice by people looking for cash handouts while walking the dog late. It never felt threatening, just a little boisterous.
Breakfast, like the pool, was pretty overrun. Staff worked very hard to keep up but sometimes just fell behind in keeping things stocked. Items were the typical cold continental augmented by a waffle maker and biscuits and gravy that you see nowadays in hotels like this.
All in all, the hotel suited our needs. We felt we got what we paid for and the staff was friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are conveniently located off I-90 (Exit 59) in Rapid City, South Dakota. While staying at the AmericInn Rapid City hotel, make time to explore the area, including a visit to the incredible Mount Rushmore, the equally inspiring Crazy Horse Monument, Wind Cave National Park, Custer State park, South Dakota casinos and the stunning Black Hills National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americinn Lodge And Suites Rapid City
- Americinn Lodge & Suites Rapid City Hotel Rapid City
- Americinn Hotel Rapid City
- Americinn Rapid City