All reviews two queen beds one night supermarket dresser recliner tv rooms pool
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

An inexpensive clean and well-kept older style facility and excellent accommodation value for road trippers. Lowest rate along the strip. Conveniently right off I-90 and across the street from a supermarket, gas stations and restaurants. It fits the bill perfectly if you're just looking for a good place to rest, shower and just plain relax after the long monotonous hours of driving I-90 highway driving. The rooms are impressively large and the queen sized beds are very comfortable. Cable TV, air conditioner and heater works great whichever you like depending on the season. There is free Wi-Fi but it can be overloaded by other guests to the point of being unusable until late into the evening.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

This place is an affordable motel, located across the street from a 24-hour supermarket. There is plenty of sidewalk, and the nearest intersection (Holmes?) leads to a walking route alongside a busy street.
My room was spacious, had two queen beds, a sofa, recliner that worked, fridge and microwave. There was only the counter/dresser, and the closet is a nook. The bathroom was recently painted and had a new shower enclosure. The carpeting felt clean. There were three thermostats on the wall, but of course only the digital one was real. The temperature was well controlled. Overall this was a great stay, comfortable bed, good water pressure, drinkable tap water, and plenty of hot water.
There was some noise as people used their cars, as this is a park-in-front motel. The manager was very friendly and recommended the supermarket deli for it's hot breakfast. I didn't try the deli, but the store itself was well stocked. I would definitely stay at the Siesta again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Decent rate. Gave us an extra $10 off at check in. Room was old smelling. Unfortunately forgot to ask for smoke free when reservations were made. Wouldn't choose this again. Could hear the conversation/TV from the next room over. The pool was covered over with a permanent structure. It was only one night, so we dealt with it.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jbzak5
Reviewed 30 August 2016

Disgusting. It seemed as though people were living there as well? For the most part, filthy. The carpet???? Shudder. Thankfully, just passing through, stayed there out of desperation. The sheets seemed to be fairly fresh, no bed bugs. Bathroom fairly clean. Broken window blinds, water stains on the ceiling, dust - lots of dust. Mini-fridge and microwave (did not use). No coffee. Got up very early and ran up to the gas station for coffee. Left VERY quickly after that......

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kelleyc4
Reviewed 12 October 2015

I use to stay at the Seista in Mitchell S.D. on my way to Montanta and back for many years. It had been quite awhile since I had been back. I was pretty disappointed. They were very nice at the office, however, the motel is in desperate need of repair. I think they are renting out most of the rooms as weekly or monthly rentals. Quite a few bbq grills in front of the rooms. Our room was sort of cleaned before we arrived, they did make an effort,, but we found old tissue and old crackers and food crumbs under the bed. There were some kind of stains on the carpet and walls. Part of the ceiling was falling down in the room and paint was peeling from part of the wall. The sheets had hair on them and were quite wrinkled and the room smelled very musty.The furniture had some burn holes in them. The door had at some point been broken into and the door jam was fixed with what seemed to be duct tape. They spent a lot of money on 50" in each room but upkeep is definately lacking. The ice machine is outdoors and was very dirty. One plus is I scoured the room for any type of bugs and thankfully found none. We bit the bullet and stayed the night due to the fact we had been on the road for approx. 10 hours. it was late, and we were exhausted. We had planned on this being our stop on our way home from our trip and definately chose a different spot instead. This use to be such a nice clean motel. It is sad to see it going into such disrepair.

Room Tip: I am not sure if there is a "good" room anymore.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple