“Not sure we would stay again.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hill City
Janssen's Lodestone Motel & Cabins
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Hill City
Reviewed 15 July 2011

The cabin was very small for a family of four. Advertised they had free WiFi, but we could not get service in our cabin.

The owners grand kids were there for the week. They were unsupervised, and unruly! Had to tell them several times to not throw rocks at our car. They would also come to our door and just stare at us, so even though it was nice out we had to have door closed. They ran around screaming the entire time. There is no way to relax, like they advertise. Even our kids were annoyed by them.

The dishes and pans they had available were disgusting. We ended up buying plastic everything. The shower head was busted when we got there. They did put on a new one, but very hard to take a shower when the water is more of a mist than a spray.

It was a nice area, they need to do a better job with up keep and cleanliness. If they have their grand kids there, they need to have rules. I am surprised the kids didn't break the porch swing they had for everyone to use.

The price is ok for what you get. The beds were very hard. We won't stay there on a return trip.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank phays72
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 February 2011

My husband and I went to the Black Hills film festival and stayed at the Lodestone, what a great choice that was. The cabin was very clean and cozy, their dog was such a joy to have around every morning. After being with so many people all day long we couldn't wait to get back to our nice quite cabin. I ran a resort myself for 7 years so I know how hard it is to keep up with the demands of the public but these guys do an outstanding job. That is why we are taking our grandchildren there for our summer vacation this year I think they will love it. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank LittleSpirit
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Stayed at Lodestone for the first time. We found the room at the motel to be clean and the kitchen to be great for cooking and saving money. Mr. Janssen was very friendly and gave us alot of great suggestions for places to eat and where to ride on our ATV's. His dog Watson was very friendly and greeted us every time he could. There were 4 of us in our group. Hill City is also very conveniently located to all the attractions, Custer State Park, Rapid City, Mt. Rushmore, Needles Hwy. But we didn't have to drive to see wildlife as I watched a doe and her fawnout the kitchen window while I cooked breakfast one morning and 3 other does another day. I totally recommend the lodestone motel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dmeyers
Reviewed 1 June 2010

My family and I just returned from a trip to Hill City South Dakota. This was a great little cabin for our family. The owners were friendly, and went out of their way to help us have great stay. There were all families with children staying there and my kids loved the little play ground and thier dog. When we first arrived my first thought was that it was pretty small...but really it was more cozy than small even for our large family. I love the view from porch swing each morning and afternoon. We prepared all most all our meals at the cabin and the kitchen had everything I needed, It was very clean and well kept. We will recommend this place to anyone going to the black hills.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank leighOmaha
Reviewed 26 October 2009

My Family and I took a mini-vacation to see Mount Rushmore and take in the fall colors. We came across the Lodestone Cabins and we had a wonderful stay for 4 nights. The service was excellent and the people were very friendly and accommodating. We stayed in a cabin with 3 children and they really enjoyed sleeping in a authentic, cozy log cabin atmosphere. There were deer outside our window every morning and the pristine, babbling stream in the back was a "hit" for us all. We also were treated one morning to wild Turkeys passing through! We look forward to returning next year!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1.7 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 12 in Hill City

Been to Janssen's Lodestone Motel & Cabins? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK