“This restaurant is now closed.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Fairfield Cove Seafood Resturant
Reviewed 26 July 2016

It had a local following, but never quite became a favorite for me. Prices were reasonable compared to other seafood restaurants, but not for the quality. Several things we had tasted canned. The waitress even admitted to us that the clam chowder was from a can. Good hushpuppies. Service was pretty good. Food just never seemed to catch up.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

Well I really don't know how to write this review, but will let you know of my experience. This restaurant over the last five or six years has opened and shut at least three times. Each time the sign out front says "Closed for Remodeling" however it stays unopened for many many months. I am unaware if its new owners or the old ones just giving it another shot. The service when I was last year, pleasant, décor....dated and your typical seafood joint feel. The food wasn't bad but just average, common fare I ate the fried shrimp and flounder with salad and fries. I usually don't write a review on a place that I haven't been to recently bit this came up on my list. Just wanted to save anyone a trip there. Closed as of 4/23 when I went past it.

Reviewed 16 September 2015

The restaurant has undergone several changes in ownership and seems to have gotten worse with each of my visits. The broiled seafood has a bad texture and is generally very slimy. The fried is ok, but not great. My last visit included gritty shrimp which was very unpleasant. The service was poor then as well. They had apparently run out of cole slaw but failed to mention it until I asked why my dinner had not come with it, and there was no offer to replace it with anything else.

Reviewed 10 July 2015

With another couple we tried the ribeye steak,(forgettable) the salmon (good) and the scallops (good). They ran out of baked potatoes (!) so the sweet potatoes I would give an ok. Salads were iceberg lettuce (yawn). Tea was very weak. Waitress was a nice person, but food was average.

Reviewed 7 July 2015

We wanted to go to the Italian Grill because the food had been amazing the night before, but it was crazy busy. There was a line out the door for take out, the tables were all full…and when people left no one came out to clean them. We waited about 15 min and no one came with a menu or to clean the table so we left. We met a firefighter and his wife who were also there. They said they were going to leave and go to the Fairfield Cove instead. We took their advice and did the same.
This was a much nicer restaurant inside and much quieter. We were there with a couple of sarcastic men and they love to joke with the waiters/waitresses. We found a gem there. At the end of the day she told us it was her last weekend there and she'd be at the Italian Grill next week. Sorry Fairfield Cove, but she made our dinner fun even though the food was good…not great. It was cooked well, but not at all memorable or special.