“Great Neighborhood Place”

Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Restored 1920's era building. Eclectic decor that supports the local art community. 1
Reviewed 22 August 2018

Café Strudel always does a great job. I have a son at USC and its been my pleasure to have discovered this place from a recommendation from a friend at the airport. The food is fantastic and the strudel (get it grilled) is crazy good. The coffee is excellent (I don't say that lightly as Im tough on the quality of coffee) but it is every bit as good as any high end restaurant coffee. I don't know if I have a favorite item but everything is well worth ordering as I have had most items off the menu. Nice selection of local draft beers as well. Don't miss it!!!

Reviewed 8 August 2018

I have been eating at Cafe Strudel for a few years. I only eat there when I am in town, which is only once a year. It is still one of my favorite lunch places. This summer I was in and as we finished our meal, the owner's son Kyle stopped by our table and wanted to let us know how much our business is appreciated. It was such a surprise and we enjoyed hearing how the business was started. They have also opened another location. GoCafe Strudel. I always enjoy stopping by.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Was one of mu favorite places to eat. I always order the same thing, the low country BLT wrap. This time it was soggy, missing the bacon and not as good as usual. My wife got the steak sandwich and it came with a very small amount of steak. I'm hoping it was just an off night because we normally love this place. 3 star review for this trip but normally a 5.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

The outside mural & quaintness of the location in W. Columbia drew us to try the place. We visited midday, midweek & experienced the worst service we’ve had in a very long time. Once the 2 of us found a place to sit we were approached by an employee (after only about 5 mins) & asked if we’d been helped. Eventually our first server made her way over but happily told us that “Momma needs to take care of business” (whatever that means? But we did see her outside smoking so....??) we were then handed off to yet another server. What looked like the manager was at the bar the entire time counting money, on her cell phone, & not once acknowledging any paying patron in the establishment (there were 4 groupings of customers, including us). The food took a long time but it does say everything is made fresh & can therefore take longer so no complaint there. It took so.long. to receive our drinks, extra condiment & a return visit from our waitress that after 10 minutes of waiting to pay the bill we just dug around our purses to find cash so we could leave. Needless to say, the food was quite a large serving for the price, which was refreshing, but it wasn’t anything to write home about (Reuben wrap, “Bruce’s bagel?”) so I doubt we’ll be back unless it’s to take more photos of & with the outside of the building. Moving on.......

Reviewed 6 August 2018

My family and I were very pleased with our experience at Cafe Strudel. This casual, unique restaurant offers delicious food across the meal-spectrum. We enjoyed the cinnamon pancakes, omelettes, and bacon, but were also tempted by the duck confit nachos, pimento cheese, and impressive desserts. Cafe Strudel is fit for all ages, and family friendly...and the food doesn't suffer one bit. We'll gladly visit again.