“Minimal ambience but yummy, flavorful food”

Golden Chopstix Vietnamese & Thai Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 149 Restaurants in West Columbia
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 6 February 2018

I have eaten here for over 25 years, and have great memories of fun times here with friends. Both the exterior and interior could use updating, but the food is still just as flavorful and enjoyable as ever.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Don't let the look of the rest of this strip mall deter you. Very friendly staff will greet you and then great food you will have. Quiet, basic and casual environment. Great for a date or time out with friends.

I had the red curry with chicken on this visit. Very good and reasonably priced.

Many locals here tonight. Obviously well known to the owners as repeat diners. That speaks volumes to me on top of the great dining experience we had.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has great food. Everything is fresh and made to order. Sauces and dishes are light and appetizing. From entrees to appetizers, I've enjoyed everything I've ordered. I've popped in and out of this place for almost 10 years. The food's taste and quality have been very consistent for the most part. The portions and prices are very fair.

The exterior and interior look a bit outdated (although the owners have put up a new sign in recent years), however everything is clean and well maintained.

Overall, it's a quaint restaurant with good food and good prices. I will continue to visit.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

First time customer. Staff was very friendly and understanding. However, I can't be nice with the food review.

Food was not good, it got cold fast which means it was not fresh. Rice was hard and the pho, well it's not your typical restaurant style pho. Instant noodle might be more satisfying.

Restaurant is smaller in an open concept. Bathroom is in an odd location, back towards the kitchen with boxes of restaurant items stacked.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

I agree with other reviewers, it is in a strange location and not easy to find. Strip mall on Charleston Highway. It is worth the extra effort. Small, good service, and the food is absolutely amazing. Nice selection of Vietnamese and Thai beer also which I loved. The last time I went I got the Thai Coconut Soup. I got the small size which was plenty with appetizers. My friend got the Pho Soup which only comes in large size. We had wonderful leftover soup the next day for 2! The broth is always fresh and homemade.

There is also a Vietnam wall where Veterans of the war have written their names and dates they served. I nice reminder of sad times.