“Bad service”

Monkey Wrench Smokehouse
Reviewed 29 May 2021

After being told it would be a 20+ minute wait and that there were 50 people waiting, we ordered To Go. While waiting for our order, a couple came in without a reservation and was immediately seated. Them a family of 4 was seated right afterward. So, we finally got our to go order, only to find out we had NO FLATWARE or even napkins for BBQ!! The food was ok, the brisket was tasty, but 1/2 of the plate was fat.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (92)

Reviewed 18 April 2021

This was TAKEOUT
Our family of 4 tried different items on the menu.
We are all used to no salt or low salt in our diets, but we all agreed the meats and chicken items were void of flavor unless you doused them with sauce.
The chicken fingers were tough and bland.
The sides were broccoli , sweet pots, and slaw were good.
We love their other Restaurants. Sidewall is great

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 13 April 2021

I'm from eastern NC and I love barbeque. This was worthy. And their HOMEMADE pickles are off the hook good! Bartender makes some fantastic drinks, too. Cornhole out back for families.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 19 February 2021

This was our second visit to this restaurant. We ordered the same thing both times, pulled pork sandwiches with a side. The meat seems like a very good quality, very little fat, but it has no flavor at all until you pour on barbecue sauce. I am not a fan of their sauces but maybe others will like them. Both times we came, they did not bring the sauce to the table when they served the food so we waited until they did bring it to begin eating. Unfortunately our waiter got caught up with another table while we waited for ours today so that delay was frustrating. It seems like they would describe sauces and get your preference when you order then put it on the tray. If I went back, I would ask them to do that to save myself the wait. In his defense, I don't think he was a bad server. It just seems like that might be their system. The fries were good, hot and crunchy. In the past, we ordered potato salad which was also flavorless and banana pudding which another reviewer described as mostly whipped cream and I would agree with that. I didn't even finish it and it is my favorite dessert. But when the meat is flavorless, it is hard to justify going back.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 5 February 2021 via mobile

We stopped in for a quick bite. The service was fast and friendly. The wings with the dry rub were really good and flavorful. My husband had the burger amd it was yummy! I chose the pulled
pork and mac and cheese bowl and it was some of the best max amd cheese I've had! We will def go back!

Date of visit: February 2021