“BEST JAPANESE FOOD”

Jimmyz Original Hibachi House
Reviewed 3 August 2017

3rd year in a row our family has been to Jimmyz in Surfside. As usual it did not disappoint. It is not a place that does the cooking show in front of you but who cares when the food is this fabulous! The prices are reasonable, portions are big, service is excellent, and our order was perfect. We met the owner tonight and could tell he cares about pleasing his customers with fresh flavorful Japanese dishes. My only complaint is there isn't a Jimmyz in Dallas, TX where we live.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

This is always a favorite whenever we visit Surfside! The staff is friendly, and the food is phenomenal! It is always fresh made to order, and you always have leftovers to take home with their large portions! Make sure you get some yum yum sauce!

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Probably the best hibachi style food I've ever had. I was not expecting that at all. Quick counter service and quick food. Huge portions. Service was very friendly and helpful. Great casual meal.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

My husband seen a commercial for Jimmyz and we decided to stop by the Surfside location, on our way back from Murrells Inlet. He got Teryaki Chicken and I got some stir fried veggies and fried rice. We thought the food was very good and the portions were great!. I have to agree with other reviews that the inside of the place is a bit suspect? However, I didn't feel it to be dirty...but just very dark. Certainly needs some brightening up!! We found that the location over at the Coastal Grand Mall would deliver to our hotel, and we actually ended up ordering from them again a few days later, and had it delivered. I got Hibachi Steak and really liked it!! So we are a fan of Jimmyz!!

Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

I usually like Jimmyz but it's no where close to what is use to be. The one by coastal grand is a lot better. This place was dirty. People not very nice. Orders the Korean Beef and the meat even after it was cooked had a weird "shine" to it and smelled odd. For veggies I had 2 shriveled up pieces of broccoli, 5 pieces of zucchini, and some burned onions. Don't waste you time. Too many other places to eat.