Mount Vernon Inn
SpringHill Suites
US$ 122
Hyatt.com
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 March 2016 via mobile

Staff friendly but the hotel was trashed. The rooms were dirty and the furniture was falling apart. Cigarette burns in the non smoking rooms. Cops were there nightly and we watched the hookers leave with their pimp the next morning. I wouldn't let me son even crawl on the floor and I was so happy when we got out of there. Book in advance because the other hotels in town fill up fast. This place was disgusting and I wouldn't go back of you paid me.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2015

My husband and I were driving south to Florida when I-95 was closed due to flooding. After spending several hours driving though flooded roads and torrential rain, we sought shelter in Sumter, SC, at the Mount Vernon Inn. The owners informed us all accommodations in the entire area were filled. The local shelter was closed due to flooding, and we anticipated spending the night in our car. The owners noted our concern and offered us coffee and food. They made several calls to local accommodations and finally called a gentleman who had not confirmed his reservation for payment and thus released his room to us. We spend two nights at the motel and the owners kept us updated on road conditions, curfews, etc. and we're most gracious. Although the motel is older, the room was clean and equipped with a microwave, refrig., and flat screen tv. We were blessed to have these "angels" show such concern and shall never forget their kindness.

Stayed: October 2015
2  Thank jnj2305
Reviewed 10 May 2015

We had a one night stay. A very busy night due to the local college graduation. I reserved online and when I showed up I was treated with priority and great service. The room was clean and beds were comfortable. I felt safe and the area was quiet. The kids were really happy with the bag lunch when we checked out. I will stay here again!!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2015

The price is right. The beds were clean and comfortable. The front desk service was good, friendly. We got a free bag lunch (a bottle of water, granola bar and a banana) when we checked out. For the money you can't beat it.

If you are expecting a 5 star hotel, please be serious. If you are expecting all the modern luxuries, stop being foolish. For the money that we paid we were very happy. The room was quiet, and we got our sleep. Our car was safe, parked right in front of our room and the sheets were clean.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank MolleeC
Reviewed 18 January 2015

Leadership Conference was in Sumter,S.C. great hotel to stay for rest! We stayed and enjoyed the nice palm trees and view at this peaceful place! nice R&R rest stop and so quiet and relaxing!!!beauty!

Room Tip: Nice mini bag breakfast good coffee excellent management!
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business