US$ 75
US$ 122
US$ 109
US$ 88
Orbitz.com
All reviewsfull kitchenan extended stay hotelupon requestrecommend this hotelsmall gymexercise roomstay there againdishwasherpetcatreclinerpantrykitchenette
Reviewed 11 January 2017

Room smells, noise heard upstairs with people walking, stains in the bathroom, stains on the carpet...general unclean appearance in the lobby and halls. Workout room sufficient.
I will NOT return after my stay.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
IHGHotelsSumterSC, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Sumter, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

We would like the opportunity to improve your impression of us. Please contact me at candlewood2009@gmail.com so that we may further discuss your stay.

Reviewed 10 December 2016

My daughter and I stayed here because it was rated high in the AAA animal friendly book.
I am an AAA member so I figured it would be a good place to stay. I was sad to realize there was no AAA discount and there was a $75.00 pet deposit (for a cat) which was not refundable. That brought the cost to over $200.00. The room was nice and pretty large. One of the phone did not have a cable to the wall jack and there was a left over towel on the floor behind the bathroom door. The receptionist was nice to me but not so to my daughter when she checked in. Before I was retired I spent many nights in hotel/motel rooms and I feel this one was a little below what I consider to be average.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank rutzup
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Sumter, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2016

Dear rutzup,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback on your recent stay. While I am delighted you found the rooms to be wonderful and large, I regret that the pet fee, poor cleanliness of the bathroom and hospitality of our hotel receptionist fell below your expectation. We will certainly look into these issues to work on areas of improvement and achieve superior guest satisfaction. Should you be back here in the area, we look forward to serving you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

My room was clean and smelled nice. The hotel is located in a convenient area and has great free laundry, and a mini kitchen.

The staff has let the construction worker guests take over the hotel. This group of ppl have set up a grill, chairs, and a makeshift table right outside one of the hotels entrances. They even dragged the garbage from inside the hotel to outside. Many mornings beer bottles are left out along with trash. It is not an inviting environment and I even changed which door I walk in/out to avoid the area. There is an actual patio out back with a grill and seating area that the hotel provides as an amenity so I'm not sure why this is happening.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
IHGHotelsSumterSC, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Sumter, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2016

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

We were fortunate to get this room at the last minute (and only because of a cancellation immediately before I called). Very friendly staff. Checked in quickly, not even asking nightly price. Later, my husband did ask and it was fairly high, along with a $75 dog charge. But what can you do. Then later that same night the manager called our room and said the quoted price was too high and lowered it by $50. We were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and Candlewood offers many things other hotels do not (free laundry, full size fridge, 2 burner stove). The only thing in our room that was awful was the recliner. Faux leather peeling from arms and back. All in all, very good.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

This is a quiet, comfortable room in a convenient location. We moved here after staying at the Sheraton in Columbia, SC, for a couple of days! The studio suite is spacious and clean. There is no breakfast buffet, but we are happy with the very basic kitchen in our suite, which includes a full refrigerator, 2 burner stove and microwave. There is no oven. I would be happy to stay again.

Stayed: July 2016