All reviews nice hotel in town excellent stay sumter sc room was clean staff was friendly place to stay south carolina business trip the breakfast area up to date the entire staff enjoyed my stay waffles front desk staff inns minnie
Reviewed 10 February 2018

Funky smell. Broken AC/Heat unit Poor, inconsiderate front desk interaction. Never argue with a guest
Plenty of other hotel choices that would be cheaper for better rooms.
The hold on my credit card took a week to be released. Had to call to get it cleared

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Debra B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sumter, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

I wish to apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay with us. I left a vm on your phone. I will call again to speak with you.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

The customer & hotels services were excellent. The rooms were very clean. The breakfast options were great and the bar was always clean. I will definitely return to this location for future visits while visiting Sumter, SC.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank tamikalw
Debra B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sumter, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review about our Hotel and staff. Please stay with us if you are in the area again.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Front desk was great. The hotel was clean & looked like it was recently upgraded. Located by stores & restaurants. The only downside was the very noisy heating unit, we had to turn it off to sleep at night

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2018

The rooms of the hotel had just been redone so for anyone with severe allergies, be aware (new carpet smell, glues, etc.) that smells are strong. The new décor is efficiently modern and very clean. Everything in the rooms is efficient, minimizing the footprint of the furniture.
Despite the newness, we did experience a maintenance issue with the plumbing. Nothing to ruin the trip, but we did not want the next guest to deal with the same. We reported it to the front desk and they immediately wrote the issue up (impressive) and then offered to comp us our room. We did not accept the offer, as the maintenance issue was minimal. However, the outstanding customer service left a long-lasting impression that far outweighs any negatives we experienced.
Based on the hotel's website, we expected construction. Any construction that may have been ongoing was certainly not obvious to us and our rest was not in any wise impeded by construction noise or dust.
The breakfast was as expected - eggs and a selection of breads/muffins. The hot foods were good, but the breads were quite dry - unexpected from a Hampton Inn, but not surprising since they could easily have been sitting out for a while.
Should we be back in Sumter, this is where we would stay. The outstanding customer service/friendliness far outweighs dry bread!
There were coin-operated laundry facilities on the floor - extremely helpful for vacationers!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank somuch2learn
Debra B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sumter, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Our staff thanks you for the wonderful comments. I apologize for the plumbing and the dry breads. Thank you for letting us know about these things they will be taken care of.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

The service was okay, the accomodations were decent given the price point.

They did not have coffee in the morning, which caused significant concern among some guests. The issue for me was that they failed to address one of the guests concerns by shrugging it off.

The breakfast was slightly below par. I would consider this hotel again, but it may not be my first choice.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Debra B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sumter, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. The morning we did not have coffee was the day that we had the big snow storm and the pipes were frozen. We did not shrug off the guest. We were concerned but at that point we could not do anything. We called the repair company thinking it was the machine but we found the pipes were frozen. The storm came so fast that I could not get any snow salt until the next morning which I did.