“Overall: Fine”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Summerville
Oakville, Canada
“Overall: Fine”
Reviewed 25 June 2011

The hotel was very busy and we were lucky to get a room late in the day. The room was clean. Good size room with the convenience of a small refrigerator. The decor and furniture are outdated. The internet works well. Ideally located relative to Interstate 26. Great hot breakfast. Overall, our stay was fine however the hotel needs to do some upgrading.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Honestray
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 23 May 2011

My husband and I came here for our honeymoon and it was wonderful. The room was extremely clean and well prepared. The staff was wonderful, the location was good we were next to a walmart, waffle house and gas stations. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND it. I would definately come stay again!

• Stayed May 2011
MD
Reviewed 23 April 2011

My husband and I spent one night here due to the fairly close proximity to Charleston, SC (about 30 minutes). Our room was very outdated with peeling wallpaper in the bathroom. Our queen size bed was comfortable. We were located on the tiled first floor next to the vending machines which was very noisy. The staff were nice but didn't appear like they liked their jobs. Breakfast was decent with a good assortment. Overall, the night was decent but the hotel does need some attention to invite more customers.

Room Tip: Do not request first floor accommodations.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Rochester, MN
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Wife/I/1.5 yr old toddler spent one night at this hotel. Stayed here for relatively close access to CHS airport the next morning. Overall, I must say this Comfort Suites is not up to par with the excellence we have come to expect with the brand.

Check in was fast as there were not many people staying at this place the day we were there. I then asked for a crib/pack n play for our toddler, which I requested online and also called ahead to see if the hotel had. They did (when I booked). Upon check in, I was then told that they had NO cribs and the fire marshall made them remove all cribs. According to the clerk, this was just done recently - and I received NO call in advance that a crib would not be available. I consider this POOR service, at least notify me that you yanked the cribs (then, I would have likely cancelled my reservation for another hotel in the area with a crib, of which there are many). Also, not even so sure this guy was telling the truth as we stayed in another Comf Suites in Charleston and they had cribs.

The room itself was, really, below par for a Comfort Suites. It was showing wear and was marginally clean. Bed was comfortable though. We were forced to bed our toddler in a corner of a room with the blanket on the floor. Luckily for us, she slept ok.

Breakfast the next morning was ok, a little skimpy. No bananas, and two kinds of cereal. I have had better breakfasts at other Conf. Suites.

Used the pool area which was ok, pool was cold, but it was early in the season.

Overall, again, cannot recommend this property. Other properties nearby may be better.
I will be calling Choice Hotels about the deception concerning the cribs.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Summerville hotels

Rock Hill, SC
Reviewed 13 October 2010

My husband, son, and myself stayed for the 2nd time at the Comfort Suites. The front desk, management, and everyone at the hotel were wonderful to us and very accommodating. They remembered us from our prior visit. There was a large family group staying there and they put us in a room where we would have the peace and quiet that we needed.
The room was just like the one we stayed in on our prior visit.
Breakfast was great, and there were more than enough choices.
We were provided with extra towels upon request. I honestly cannot say enough! Thanks to the staff at comfort suites!

• Stayed September 2010