“Cozy & Cute”

Tearoom at this Whole House
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I booked an afternoon tea at This Whole House while my parents were in town. We all had such a great time. Not only is the ambiance very cozy and dainty, but the knowledgeable server helped make this quite the experience (even for non-tea fanatics). The selection of tea is expansive, and the scones were the best I've ever had.

1  Thank 23LisaW

Reviewed 18 March 2014

My husband and I were looking for somewhere different to go for Sunday brunch. I searched Google for places in Summerville and thankfully found this place. What a great little secret. The dining room is very quaint and small in an intimate and cozy sense. Such a great experience of hospitality. They really do treat you like family. The food was excellent. Everything was perfectly seasoned. The day we went was right before St. Patrick's Day so they also incorporated some corned beef and cabbage into the brunch. All of the food was EXCELLENT!!(If you missed that earlier:)) If you are a fan of tea, this is also a great place.I had the blueberry muffin tea. Delicious. All teas are served the old fashioned way with loose tea leaves and your own little pot. My husband loved it and said it made him feel like he was at grandma's. We will definitely take our friends and family here in the future. Great experience:)

2  Thank Kristin T
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I enjoyed talking to the staff here. The food and tea are wonderful and everyone is treated like family. Make sure you call ahead with large families though as this place fills up quickly. You might even feel the sweet 'Spirit' that lives here. I found a wonderful pink lady teapot set here. I even had a special jug of their decaf sweet tea made.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

My wife and I were up from Florida on a scouting mission for a new home. We accidentally stumbled upon this place and I have to admit that I was a bit hesitant to have lunch in a "tea house" ...

Once we got inside we were greeted by a very friendly lady who was the owner. She was the Matriarch of the bunch, we assumed. This due to her daughter and granddaughter working there as well. The menu was small but made from scratch and written on a chalk board. The house was charming and quaint and full of antiques for sale.

I had home made chicken and dumplings with fresh fruit and my wife had a strawberry salad. Both were very memorable. He granddaughter who served us was young, personable and professional. You could tell she enjoyed her job.

After we left, I made a point to say that I really enjoyed the food and the service. I was glad my wife talked me into going in.

If you are ever in the Summerville area, I highly recommend stopping in- even if you are a guy!

1  Thank SHESAIDYES09
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We stopped here for brunch. The menu is a buffet set up in an intimate little dining room. Yesterday the menu options were quiche, biscuits n ' gravy, fresh fruit, grits, SC boil, scrambled eggs, bacon, plus an assortment of mini muffins, bread pudding and cookies. We opted for the mimosas and water but the tea selection was wonderful. The food was excellent, our server and other patrons, the owner and the chef were all very hospitable. After brunch we explored the attached antique shop..also intimate and charming.

1  Thank travelinwiththebb