“Don't miss this unique place”
Review of Tearoom at this Whole House - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tearoom at this Whole House
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I enjoyed talking to the staff here. The food and tea are wonderful and everyone is treated like family. Make sure you call ahead with large families though as this place fills up quickly. You might even feel the sweet 'Spirit' that lives here. I found a wonderful pink lady teapot set here. I even had a special jug of their decaf sweet tea made.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

My wife and I were up from Florida on a scouting mission for a new home. We accidentally stumbled upon this place and I have to admit that I was a bit hesitant to have lunch in a "tea house" ...

Once we got inside we were greeted by a very friendly lady who was the owner. She was the Matriarch of the bunch, we assumed. This due to her daughter and granddaughter working there as well. The menu was small but made from scratch and written on a chalk board. The house was charming and quaint and full of antiques for sale.

I had home made chicken and dumplings with fresh fruit and my wife had a strawberry salad. Both were very memorable. He granddaughter who served us was young, personable and professional. You could tell she enjoyed her job.

After we left, I made a point to say that I really enjoyed the food and the service. I was glad my wife talked me into going in.

If you are ever in the Summerville area, I highly recommend stopping in- even if you are a guy!

1  Thank SHESAIDYES09
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We stopped here for brunch. The menu is a buffet set up in an intimate little dining room. Yesterday the menu options were quiche, biscuits n ' gravy, fresh fruit, grits, SC boil, scrambled eggs, bacon, plus an assortment of mini muffins, bread pudding and cookies. We opted for the mimosas and water but the tea selection was wonderful. The food was excellent, our server and other patrons, the owner and the chef were all very hospitable. After brunch we explored the attached antique shop..also intimate and charming.

1  Thank travelinwiththebb
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I absolutely love the quaint and cozy atmosphere of this one of a kind tearoom. It captivates southern hospitality and great customer service. I enjoy the various menu options that differ from day to day. They provide home cooked meals that are of great quality and very delectable. I often go there to enjoy a hot pot of tea, which is offered in a great amount of different blends and spices, or a warming cup of coffee as I soak up the cute details of decor that surround the dining area. It is a must to go restaurant!

1  Thank Brandi H
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This is an intimate, family run teahouse/restaurant. Judy has done quite a job decorating, it is hard to tell where the restaurant stops and the shop begins. The Sunday Brunch has a wonderful and plentiful selection of food - all made fresh and hot. There are fun nooks and crannies filled with treasures AND candy to boot. Service is typical southern hospitality - there with a smile when you need them. Thanks all at This Whole House ~