“The Best Tea Room Around!”
Review of Tearoom at this Whole House - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tearoom at this Whole House
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 April 2012

They have over 50 different types of hot tea to choose from. The menu changes everyday & the Cheesecake is to die for!

1  Thank SCwoman

Reviewed 10 February 2012

The Whole house is a nice relaxed dinner experience. The owners mix with the patrons and describe the meals of the night. Nice eclectic surroundings and a cross section of the old town feel and some upper scale dining.

1  Thank RailRoadTraveler
Reviewed 14 December 2011

My Mother and I had lunch there for the first time yesterday. We absolutely loved it. I have been to other tea houses and found the decor cutesy, lots of pink and florals etc. This Whole House's atmosphere is a must to experience. The attention to detail and the vintage treasures was fantastic and made for a more "authentic" experience. I had the quiche, which was done perfectly and served with a variety of fresh fruit and a light salad, perfect portioning. My mother had the roasted cream chicken, with the same sides. We both took our time eating to thoroughly enjoy the atmosphere. The fruit infused ice tea was refreshing. I am not a huge sweet tea fan, but this was done perfectly. I am excited to go back and try their dinner menu next.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

My friend and I went to This Whole House for dinner (something they had just started doing). The food was very good and the service was wonderful. It is a family owned and operated restaurant and they go out of their way to make you feel as if you are one of the family. I would highly recommend it!

Judy T, Owner at Tearoom at this Whole House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2011

Thank you so much for your kind review. Our dinners on Thrus, Friday, and Saturday nights started with requests from many of our guests asking us to expand our menu to include an evening meal in addition to our weekly lunch and Sunday brunch. You have been a very loyal guest (I see you review us in 2008) and I enjoyed your visit the other night, and I look forward to seeing you again real soon.
Judy Thomas

Reviewed 26 October 2011

I've been several times. Very enjoyable. A variety of tea cups & teas to choose from. Very comfortable atmosphere in a historic Summerville house. You can sit on the porch, at a table on the front lawn, or inside dining area. The shopping is great too. Good place for a relaxed get-together with family or friends or by yourself with a book and pot of tea!

Judy T, Owner at Tearoom at this Whole House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2011

I really appreciate this lovely review, it's great to hear from people that like the finer, yet simpler things in life, that we sometimes forget about. With the weather being what it is lately, you are so right about sitting on the porch or at a table on the lawn, with a great cup of tea and perhaps a yummy dessert. Our all you can eat brunch is just the thing to do on Sunday afternoon with your friends or your whole family. If you don’t find something you love on our brunch menu, (I’ve been told we have the best grits in the south) you just aren’t hungry. Come back soon and often.
Judy Thomas