All reviews parking lot side front desk room was clean boiling springs complimentary breakfast each morning staff was very friendly king bed business trip candlenut interstate trickle refrigerator rates remodeling gas linens
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

I was late arriving, around 4 PM, on a Friday and when I got there my room was not ready. The check in clerk(s), one who took my information and payment method and a second one later said he would check on it and after 5-10 minutes I had to go back to ask if he had an answer and told him I would check myself and it wasn’t. A manager came up and explained that they there was some sort of convention that caused the delay. He was very nice and switched me to a different room because he found water on the carpet. The room got sorted out eventually and I have no criticism of the manager.
However, It was after I got settled in and walked around the hotel that I became aware the overall quality of the room, hallway, sitting and dining areas had declined significantly since my previous stays there. The public areas were in my opinion only semi-cleaned. Their rates, on the other hand have increased to the point that they are close to what I consider better Spartanburg hotel options.
It is nice that they have free breakfasts, but it too had declined in quality.
Other than the manager that helped with my check in no other person bothered to speak to me when I was there.
I don’t travel to Spartanburg that often, but on my future trips I won’t be wasting my money at Comfort Inn on Candlenut Lane. In addition to the decline in maintenance of the hotel the traffic on Route 9 during rush hour makes it near impossible to make a left turn at the intersection of Candlenut and Route 9.
Bye, Bye!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Jackfred
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Easy hotel to get to from the interstate. Had 4 of us in a room with 2 full beds for a very reasonable price. In and out with ease with a complimentary breakfast. Close to several restaurants for dinner as well. Would stay there again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

The gentleman (Ty) was fantastic! When I arrived the phone rang he picked up the phone to someone screaming at him about her credit card because she try to use two different credit cards to pay for her room Ty asked me to wait one moment as he explain to her the procedure with the credit cards to which she continued to scream. Ty waited for her to stop and then proceeded to explain it again all while saying to me I’m so sorry I’ll be right with you. After five minutes of dealing with the customer on the phone and getting her to calm down he proceeded to help m. He gave me good recommendations as to where to eat. And local shopping. The room was large, clean, and for the most part modernized. I would’ve given them at four but the TV was an older model and I guess they recently had changed the service provider which means it was hard to find any decent channels other than that perfect stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is right off highway 85 ( but you don’t hear any noise) Nice outdoor pool, small but functional fitness center- nice hot & cold buffet. We had a king bed- very comfy- Location is perfect for shopping, sitesering, college visits. Would choose location again if in the area

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Riaz K, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

I could not have said any better if paid a thousand dollars.. Thank you a lot.. Ray khan.General managr

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Check in went well. Room was typical and a big plus was both a refrigerator and small freezer. Room was pretty quiet. Shampoo bottles were very small and good for one washing, but not enough for two people. Wasn't a problem, but suggest they get a little larger bottle. Enjoyed breakfast as the blueberry waffles were very good.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple