“New Favorite Japanese Restaurant!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mimi's Steak House of Japan II
Ranked #87 of 123 Restaurants in Simpsonville
Reviewed 14 February 2017

My family and I had dinner here in January and were pleasantly surprised at how great everything was, from the service to the food, we were very impressed. Our chef was excellent and really kept our children entertained. We each ordered something different, but the filet and scallops that I had were excellent! This is our new favorite Japanese restaurant! Can't wait to return!

Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

I went there recently with family, and we sat at the tables by the bar area. The waitress was very friendly and got us our drinks and took our orders quickly. Unfortunately we waited a good 20 minutes for our food, and when we finally got it, it was cold. Overall it was an okay experience, but it would've been better if our food was brought out when it was still hot.

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

We went to Mimi's for lunch last Friday. They were having some good lunch specials-$7.00. My husband ordered the teriyaki chicken and I ordered the teriyaki shrimp. They both came with fried rice. We had salads first with the ginger dressing. All of our food was very good and plentiful. It wasn't super crowded, maybe about 7 tables, but there was only one waitress for everyone. She did a great job considering, and didn't seem to get flustered at all. She did need some help though. There are two sides to the restaurant. One side had your regular big grills with seats around for you to watch the chef. The other side has two more grills and then a few regular tables. We sat at a regular table. It seemed a little quicker. We will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

Horrible!!!! My husband and I just left this place after 48 minutes without any food! And there were a grand total of 7 people in the restaurant. We were trying to give this place a second chance after a horrible experience 4 years ago. Needless to say that was a mistake. The two waitresses were chatting the entire time not caring that we were just sitting there without the cold salad that comes with dinner. Not to mention there was not a soul to greet or seat us when we walked in. Awkward. This is the first time in my life I have ever walked out of a restaurant. Most of the other patrons were just sitting there as well and we're getting so frustrated they resorted to raising their hands until someone would come-which never happened.

1  Thank LBee1
Reviewed 5 May 2016

I have eaten here several times. I enjoy the bar, though it could be bigger. The sushi is AWESOME. The service is pretty good. Hit or miss. I do enjoy the bar and sushi and that's why I go back.