“Spend the extra $20.00 and stay in a better hotel.”
Review of Days Inn Rock Hill

Days Inn Rock Hill
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Rock Hill
Reviewed 17 September 2010

They gave us a room that smelled like someone died in it, after we complained the moved us to another room where the TV was not functioning and non of the lights were working, be careful with other reviews they may be fixed.
Rock Hill is a terrible place to stop,if you don't believe me find out yourself.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Suncoast_Traveler

Reviewed 17 September 2010

My mother and I planned to stay one night with my two children ages 4 and 6. The room was dimly lit and supposed to be smoke-free--however, we could still smell smoke. The furniture needed updating and room was just generally dirty. We chose not to shower in the morning, rather just wait 'til we reached our destination. The refrigerator did not work. No glaring problems, but not the most comfortable stay...I will choose elsewhere next time!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank lifeissweet2
Reviewed 15 August 2009

My mom made reservations for herself and I on August 1st, for two weeks. The lady we spoke with gave us the weekly rates. We checked in on August 8th(a Saturday). The man that we checked in with told us that someone must have made a mistake, because we had no reservations. The room we were promised, was given to someone else. So they put us in another room, which was supposed to be a non-smoking room, with a refrigerator and microwave. When we got into the room, the room had a terrible stench of smoke, and there was no refrigerator or microwave, nor any place to plug it in if there was one. The bathroom light didn't work, so we had to call the front desk to bring another one in. It was obvious that this room had not been rented in quite a while, because there were no towels or anything. While we were waiting for them to bring a microwave and refrigerator, I took my shoes off and my feet turned BLACK. When the maintenance man brought the refrigerator and microwave, he brought an extension outlet(like people use for a computer). They plugged in 5 things, including the microwave and refrigerator into this extension outlet, which is a big fire hazard. This room was so filthy, that we could not stay one night, let alone two weeks. We later went to ask for another room, and we were told that there was nothing available. The man at the front desk was EXTREMELY rude. He didn't try to work with us at all. He didn't care if we even had a room to stay in. If you plan on staying in Rock Hill, please, DO NOT book this hotel. You would be better off staying in a dumpster than this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009
1  Thank InfernoXRed
Reviewed 4 July 2009

My family primarily stayed in Rock Hill for the sake of being able to say we've been to South Carolina :) I booked over the phone and got a very nice rate ($66.) When coming into Rock Hill you could see it was a very nice area with alot of familiar commerical things (i.e. stores/restaurants.) The Days Inn is kind of tucked away behind a few other buildings which gave it a bit of a shady feel. There were some ladies walking in/out of the building wearing some very tight dresses while we were checking in which really made me question if this was the best place. I have no knowledge of what these ladies were doing there, I'm just trying to give you my impression. There are actually two seperate buildings. We were located in the 2nd building about as far from the lobby as you could be. When we got into the room it was nice and clean. Everything worked and you certainly couldn't complain about that for the price (especially the air! It was sooo hot that day!) I often go out to smoke late at night and I didn't hear a peep which lead me to believe I just had the creeps about being in a strange city. I didn't even see anyone coming or going and the place was filled with cars. They had free contintental breakfast and pool. Overall it was a nice place at a good price, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2008

I have stayed at this motel several times because I have family that lives in the area, but I will not stay there ever again. I checked in on Thursday and checked out on Sunday and my room was never cleaned! Nor was clean towels or more coffee and cups left in the room. I went to the manager to complain and he stated he was to busy to help me at the time because a semi just hit his roof that hangs over the enterance. Later I was given clean towels and coffee for the next morning. I thought they would clean my room on Saturday, but that never happened. I had to complain again and get my own towels and coffee. When I checked out, I wasn't even given a credit!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)