We have been staying at this hotel for 20 years each summer even before it was a Baymont Inn when it was a Best Western. We never had a complaint until it was purchased by the Patel family and turned into a Baymont. While most stays were pleasant, we found the last few years the hotel went down hill. We always travel with our immaculately-groomed pure bred German Shepherd show dog and the hotel was usually a decent place to spend the night. We had a problem wiith a horrible smell coming from the room we usually stay in this last trip and asked to be switched to another room. After being swtiched and climbing into bed I began to itch. I thought it may have been an allergic reaction to the detergent used on the sheets but in the morning I had a bite-like rash on my legs. Began inspecting the bed and found bedbugs. I put one in a cup and my wife took it to the front desk. The woman immediately became angry and denied having bedbugs and blamed it on our dog. Dogs cannot and do not get bedbugs. That an inkeeper is unable to identify a bedbug is troubling. She denied that the bug was a bedbug because the mattress was "brand new." It doesn't matter how new a mattress is, if the hotel doesn't treat it properly you can't get rid of bedbugs and since she said it wasn't bedbugs one can surmise it was never treated for bedbugs. The woman at the desk became irate with my wife and dismissed her with a wave of her hand saying, "I don't want to deal with you" in front of other customers (of who we got their names and addresses ... one said there was a spider in her bed and the other said there was a horrible smell coming from her carpet). Several other customers asked to switch rooms this same evening.
If you stay at this motel, the first thing you should do is lift up the mattress and look between the box spring and the matress. All those stains, specks, spots and pieces are from bedbugs. After reporting this to the Health Department I received a nasty retaliatory email from the motel signed "Punam Patel" who said that my indoor show dog was responsible for the problem and asking us not to stay there again. That an inkeeper would act like this toward customers (and deny the presence of bedbugs even when one was presented in a cup) who stayed there for more than 20 summers in a row is unthinkable. Needless to say we had already made up our mind of our own accord that we will NEVER again stay at this motel.
Learn more about bedbugs at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11877871/
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are traveling for a leisure getaway, a family vacation or on business, you now have a new option when it comes to your accommodations. Baymont Inn and Suites is an excellent choice for leisure and business travelers who require value without sacrificing comfort and amenities. Located at 1106 N Anderson Road in Rock Hill, South Carolina we offer all king and queen rooms with Queen Anne & Lazy Boy recliners, high speed wireless internet, full hot continental breakfast, lounge & meeting rooms, fitness center, free local calls, express check-out, guest voice mail, free guest laundry, outdoor swimming pool all with exceptional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Rock Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn And Suites Rock Hill
- Baymont Inn & Suites Rock Hill Hotel Rock Hill
- Baymont Inn Rock Hill
- Rock Hill Baymont Inn