“One of a kind!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 23 April 2018

The PIT continues to be a first class tourist and local destination. Shabby, local very different atmosphere. But the peel and eat shrimp,grouper and service is worth the stop.
Anne with the brown hair was the best ever. Friendly, efficient and makes this place atop destination.

rcaines1, General Manager at Pawleys Island Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Thank you so much Robert for your postive review! Will pass the compliment on to Anne and our kitchen staff. Much appreciated!

Reviewed 18 April 2018

I enjoyed my lunch...sitting outside on a beautiful day was so nice! The vast menu looked so good. I ordered the combo appetizer of chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks, and pepper poppers...very tasty. I had not been to this place for years. Very rustic decor. Try it when you visit Pawleys Island. Service was excellent!

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Great place for a casual meal. Favourite for locals as hidden behind the shops. Lots of
$ bills nailed to ceiling and walls to show it’s been here for quite some time and still very
remains popular. Good apps, burgers, pizza and drinks.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The place looks great. There are lights on the trees and a great “chill” effect. When we got there it was way short-staffed and we were barely able to get our name on the list. When we were called, maybe a 25 min wait, we were seated inside and there was dollar bills all around us, a very cool place to be in. I ordered the chicken wings with a dry rub, and they were so hot. The dry rub was caked on the wings and there was a pile left in the tray. Even through countless sips of water, they were still very good, my brother ordered the black and blue burger, was given a five out of five, and so were the crab cakes. The pizzas were also liked. It is not too expensive, and the food is very good. When we were leaving, we saw a family that came around the same time as us and they still hadn’t gotten their food yet, so I think I was lucky to get seated so fast. Overall, service was short staffed, but the food and atmosphere made up for it.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

At 58 years old I have seen lots of good and bad restaurants. This place is not bad, it’s completely broken.
We went there while vacationing during spring break. We called and were told there was a 30 minute wait for a table of seven. Not too bad so off we went. We arrived at 7:35 pm and we again told there would be a 30 minute wait. After an hour wait we told the head waitress if there was no table we would have to leave as we had a 12 and 7 year old. We were seated then, not sure why she could now find a table but she did. We ordered at 8:40. Our waitress then told us the kitchen was a little behind. That was the understatement of the century. At 9:45 we finally waved the white flag and left! No food was ever served. If I were reading this review I would say this person was surely exaggerating but I am not. When we told the waitress we were leaving she was noticeably relieved. Maybe we just caught them on the worst night in the reastaurants history. I would say to stay away from here during a busy time of year on the island. They clearly can not staff up to meet demand.

1  Thank snoozytripper