“good food, great atmosphere”

Pawleys Island Tavern
Ranked #27 of 101 Restaurants in Pawleys Island
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The place looks great. There are lights on the trees and a great “chill” effect. When we got there it was way short-staffed and we were barely able to get our name on the list. When we were called, maybe a 25 min wait, we were seated inside and there was dollar bills all around us, a very cool place to be in. I ordered the chicken wings with a dry rub, and they were so hot. The dry rub was caked on the wings and there was a pile left in the tray. Even through countless sips of water, they were still very good, my brother ordered the black and blue burger, was given a five out of five, and so were the crab cakes. The pizzas were also liked. It is not too expensive, and the food is very good. When we were leaving, we saw a family that came around the same time as us and they still hadn’t gotten their food yet, so I think I was lucky to get seated so fast. Overall, service was short staffed, but the food and atmosphere made up for it.

2  Thank Daniel R

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

At 58 years old I have seen lots of good and bad restaurants. This place is not bad, it’s completely broken.
We went there while vacationing during spring break. We called and were told there was a 30 minute wait for a table of seven. Not too bad so off we went. We arrived at 7:35 pm and we again told there would be a 30 minute wait. After an hour wait we told the head waitress if there was no table we would have to leave as we had a 12 and 7 year old. We were seated then, not sure why she could now find a table but she did. We ordered at 8:40. Our waitress then told us the kitchen was a little behind. That was the understatement of the century. At 9:45 we finally waved the white flag and left! No food was ever served. If I were reading this review I would say this person was surely exaggerating but I am not. When we told the waitress we were leaving she was noticeably relieved. Maybe we just caught them on the worst night in the reastaurants history. I would say to stay away from here during a busy time of year on the island. They clearly can not staff up to meet demand.

2  Thank snoozytripper
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Have been going here for years! The pizza is AMAZING! Plenty of drink options for beer and wine lovers and even kid friendly. The tiki bar is fun and they usually have live music.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

It was a slight struggle to find, but once we got there, it was worth it. If you are vacationing at Pawleys Island, this is not a place to pass by! The outside looks slightly worn, but the inside is charming, and covered wall to wall in $1 bills, which was super cool to see. Service during lunch time was good and food came quick, I had a sandwich with fries and was pleased with it. The people with me ordered a pizza which was great! Would definitely recommend stopping by in if you are in town!

Reviewed 25 March 2018

My husband and I stumbled upon this restaurant by accident while vacationing in Pawleys Island. It is a unique place, looks a little worn on the outside. Inside the ceiling and walls are covered with $1 bills. Be sure to ask the meaning of it if you visit. I had the most delicious pulled pork sandwich I had in years. Hubby enjoyed the grilled chicken. Very casual and a lot of fun. In warmer weather you can sit outside but be sure to go inside too.

rcaines1, Manager at Pawleys Island Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thank you so much for visiting, very glad you found us! Hope to see you again during your next visit to Pawleys Island.