“Delicious seafood”

Captain John's Seafood Grille
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We specialize in New England style seafood, from creamy clam chowder to haddock and scallops. Our menu offers Daily Specials such as Homemade Lump Crab Cakes, Salmon Croquettes, and 1/2 off bottles of wine on Thursday. We have the freshest seafood on the Grand Strand. That's right we said fresh. Our seafood is so fresh we don't own a freezer. In addition, we offer Ipswich whole belly clams, poultry, and center cut steaks entrees. Save room for our decadent desserts!
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

When I saw that there were Ipswich whole belly fried clams on the menu, I had to order them, even though I was skeptical that a southern restaurant could do them justice. But they were delicious, with a light batter, and perfectly cooked. My friend raved about her fish as well.

1  Thank Peg O

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Fried shrimp appetizer was enough for lunch, and it was delicious. Very lightly battered, and the best I had the whole week there. The chicken tenders were also good, tender and not tough. This place is in a small strip center, worth a visit.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Local bar and restaurant fresh fish, friendly staff good price. The menu choices were small but food was good

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I have been a customer at Captain John’s for several years. He offers fresh, carefully prepared seafood dishes. The service is always friendly and efficient. The lunch deals should not be missed. As other reviewers have noted, the haddock is awesome. I like it Cajun grilled, but it is also available as grilled, fried, or lemon pepper. If you try the haddock, I guarantee you will be a regular. The best seafood restaurant in town, by far.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Come here at least twice every time I visit Pawleys Island. Must go for lunch and get the haddock sandwich lunch special. Great food, nice atmosphere, and great price. Really a must visit in Pawleys Island for lunch or dinner.