“A really strong 4...”

Island Bar & Grill Pawleys
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 15
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cedar Grove Ln.
Transit: Free Shuttle Service for large groups !
Description: Island Bar & Grill is a full-service restaurant and bar that is located in the Village Shops in the heart of Pawleys Island, SC. We are just seconds from the Hammock Shops and have been here since 2007. You’ll feel right at home at IBG Pawleys, with our friendly staff and outstanding food! Come enjoy our outdoor patio where we host live bands throughout the year and most major sports packages shown on the outdoor TV’s. Watch your favorite sports teams in our main dining room and in our upstairs sports bar on one of our 30 TVs. Each and every guest that walks into our establishment is considered family, and our intention is to provide the best, most friendly service possible. Our team believes that whether you are a local or just visiting our great area, you deserve nothing but the best. IBG Pawleys is pleased to announce that we’ve completed our renovations and look forward to welcoming you! The upstairs sports bar is now The 19th Hole at IBG. Be sure to follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook for all the latest events and specials! Links on the top right of the screen. We’d love for you to tag us on social media using #IBGPawleys and #The19thHoleAtIBG if you’re visiting. Our bands are in full swing, 5 nights a week through the summer, and we have Karaoke moving to Monday nights through the summer with #DJJessieJames. We’re always happy to entertain groups, so please let us know if you’ll be in the area and how we can help you! Please come in and visit us soon; we think you'll be glad that you did. - Doug & Angie Doolittle, co-owners
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Visiting the state park and looking for a place to eat, found this place on trip advisor. We were quickly greeted and seated. We ordered a local cider, Boldrock, on tap. It was fantastic (I had 2 pints)! During happy hour(s), all apps are $5- we ordered the perogis and the fried pickles. Both were delicious, although I would suggest that they serve with the pickles the sauce my husband had with his grouper tacos rather than the ranch.
Our main meals were quite good- hot and filling but nothing special. Overall a nice experience. If you want to sit outside, call ahead and make a reservation, because those tables go quick!

Angie D, Owner at Island Bar & Grill Pawleys, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi, Kim.

Thanks so much for the great review and suggestions! We always appreciate that and thank you for taking the time to post your experience. Good call on suggesting the Cajun Remoulade - it's a customer favorite and really does go with just about anything!

Hope you'll be able to join us again soon!

Thanks,
Angie & Doug, owners

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I was recently in the area house hunting and came here two different nights for dinner. The bartenders could not be friendlier, they have a nice beer selection and the food is oustanding. I wish I was down there for a few more days because I would definitely have been back and if I end up moving there, they will be in my rotation for places to go for lunch, dinner or just a quick beer or two. Excellent

Angie D, Owner at Island Bar & Grill Pawleys, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi, TCM.

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and your kind words! We are thrilled that you stopped by while house hunting and that you enjoyed your time with us, and we hope that you had a fruitful visit to the area. We will pass along the great feedback to the staff and we look forward to seeing you when you make the move. Let us know if we can help you find anything in the area as well, as I believe we have at least 2 dozen realtors that we know personally, and I'm sure our locals would love to tell you more about Pawleys and the surrounding towns.

Again thank you, and we'll see you soon.

Take care,
Angie & Doug (owners)

Reviewed 23 February 2018

I have had two terrible experience with this Place. The first time I went, I ordered a wing special. The wings were cold and dry up!!! Today I ordered Crab cake and fries. The food was not put together well! The coleslaw juice wasted on my crab cake and fries. I only received 1 crab cake instead of 2! Go there at your own risk!!!

Angie D, Owner at Island Bar & Grill Pawleys, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Hi, Jaahcor.

Sorry to hear that you have had 2 bad experiences. If you would like to send me a direct email and let me know the dates that you were in for both events, we can speak to the kitchen staff about what happened on those dates. Wings are our specialty, so we are sorry that you did not enjoy that order. The crab cakes could have been a mix up, as there is an appetizer version and an entree version. We would never intentionally mislead anyone and only give half of a portion. We actually don't put coleslaw on the crab cakes or with the crab cakes, so not sure why your meal showed up with that. They are served on a bed of romaine with dipping sauce on the side.

Again, sorry for your bad experiences.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know. We'd be happy to try to make it right for you. Please reach out via email at angie@islandbarandgrill.com

Thanks.
Angie (owner)

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Stopped in for lunch on the road. The place has great beach/bar atmosphere and the service was excellent. I ordered my food to go as I was traveling up the coast. The oyster po-boy was great. Oysters were fried perfect and bread was fresh. However, my homecut, french fries were burned almost black. I could not believe that no one bothered to take a look at them and call "time out"! I found this out about 10 miles down the road so I didn't turn around. Very disappointing. I mean, fries are a pretty simple item to prepare.

Hi, Marty.

We sincerely apologize for this unfortunate event with the fries, especially given that you had a to-go order and were driving. We obviously appreciate you stopping in on your trip and wish that there was something we could do immediately to fix the situation for you. We'll have a talk with both the kitchen staff and our expo. We take great pride in our hand-cut fries and really are disappointed that you received a batch that you could not eat. Not sure what happened this particular day, but regardless, you shouldn't have received the fries this way.

Next time you're passing through, please stop in and give us another try. Mention that you left a TripAdvisor review and that Angie asked you to come in again. We'll make it up to you and whatever you order we'll make sure it's perfect.

Glad you enjoyed the Oyster Po-Bo though!

Sorry also for the late response; I'm usually on the ball with responding.

Please do allow us to make it up to you. Looking forward to hopefully seeing you again, even in passing through.

Thanks.
Angie (owner)

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

The Island Bar & Grill has a great menu, you can't go wrong with anything you order. Very reasonable prices. Outside deck televisions everywhere, plenty of sports to watch.

Hi, John! Thank you so much for the great review, and apologies for the late response. Hope you'll be able to join us as it starts warming up and enjoying the outdoor patio.

We'll be sure to pass along the great feedback to the kitchen staff. They really enjoy feedback like this.

Hope we get to see you soon.

Thanks!