All reviewscart pathgreen feestee boxpro shopin great shapemarshteesfairwaysconditioncoursesgolfpaceroundscommunityaccommodationsmicrowavesc
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Check-in - normal hotel type check-in but at a completely different location. Parking to go in to check-in was slim to none and they were very busy. Instructions to get to the plantation were minimal.
Just spent the weekend in one of the "one bedroom" units. A room with 2 double beds, night table, dresser, bathroom, closet and 3 appliances. I would not call it a one bedroom. The place is nice from the outside but the inside is a much different look. Certainly not what I expected by looking at the pics of this plantation online. The rooms are VERY dated and dirty! The appliances - coffee maker/small fridge and microwave - OLD and nasty. They do not provide coffee/tea in the room. No cups to drink coffee/tea from if you want to make any to drink. The coffee pot still had grounds in it from it's last use. The top to the pot was broken and you had to hold it in place to make sure it brewed without overflowing. Learned that the hard way. The bathroom - yuck! The shower curtain was nasty. The floor along the wall had dirt build. There was a toothbrush in there that did not belong to us. The carpet was old and we had a old tube TV. I slept OK but wondered the whole time if the dang sheets were really clean ones. The wifi password did not work either. The plantation itself from the outside - is beautiful and grand looking. One would think with all the money they make the could afford to do the much needed upgrades.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2017

We are staying in 179 3A - Unit is very dirty, dust has not been cleaned seems like in a very long time (it is sticky), windows are terribly dirty. Unit was sold to us as "scenic view" however blinds do not open so there is no view. We were told there is nothing they can do about that as the owners have to buy new blinds. Toaster does not work. There is no ironing board. Furniture is dirty. Shower head is probably dirty so showers feel like a very bad acupuncture treatment - it is painful! Vacuum was in the room until yesterday - it is now gone.
We called 4 times about the above issues and nothing has been done so far - we are at day 4 now and seriously thinking of leaving this place if we can get our money back. Horrible experience and we loved each of our previous trips to Pawleys Island....so so disappointing and not worth the money we paid. Not sure if this is the case with other units in the complex but this one .... stay away.

Room Tip: Read reviews and ask a LOT of questions before booking here
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Booked online and when we got to Pawleys Plantation we were told we had to check in at Litchfield Golf and Country Club. This was not mentioned at all anywhere. After going to Litchfield Beach and waiting about 30 minutes to be given keys, we arrived at the tiny, nasty room in a building in a residential section. There were no cups for drinks, a coffee maker but no cups for that either. I can't believe Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club would even rent anything this bad or have their name associated with such a shoddy operation. We have been visiting Pawleys Island every year for 30 years and have never had such a bad experience. We had rented a condo at Pawleys Pier for the week were not able to check in until Saturday and we arrived on Friday. We'll never do that again unless we can get a nice room at the Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Don't even think about booking a room at Pawleys Plantation. Total disappointmentt.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

This is ok if your golfing but its too far from the beach for me to stay here on a beach vacation. The neighborhood is nice though. 24 hr gated community and very secluded. It felt like a neighborhood not the beach. The pool was great. Huge and clean. I appreciate that there is a key that you have to have to get in. Its Very quiet. We had problems with bugs in our condo. "Palmentto bugs" that the owner says are not cockroaches but i looked this up and it says palmentto bug is a nickname for American cockroaches. The owners say its a sc problem. (Implying that its not preventable) Now I only went in this 1 condo so I can only speak for that particular one but the whole grounds had major issues with misquotes. If they don't already they should do a community mosquito spray. To try and cut down misquotes. We were being attacked as soon as we walked out of the door or got out of the car and at the pool. I don't play golf but my husband said it was an ok golf course and he would play it.
All in all I think its a very quiet secluded development away from all the hustle and bustle suited for playing golf.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Very disappointing unit that I stayed in. Not clean, floors weren't vacuumed. Dirty laundry in bathroom floor. Had to wait 30 minutes to get my keys when checking in with the management company. Was told the unit had to be inspected after being cleaned to make sure it met the standards of the management company. Not sure what that was all about!! The icemaker for the fridge did not work so had to go out and purchase ice to cold drinks. No satisfaction from the management company as I was told I would receive a phone call and have not to date.

Informed the front desk manager I would never stay at this property again. Very disappointing for the amount of money I paid for this unit.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business