“Beautiful birthday dinner!”
Review of Austin's Ocean One

Austin's Ocean One
Ranked #25 of 100 Restaurants in Pawleys Island
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 40
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Austin’s Ocean One features a breathtaking panoramic ocean view from every seat in the restaurant. Our guests are treated to daily dolphin sightings, beautiful evening views, full moons and the occasional surfer! Regardless of the weather or the time of year, the view is always interesting and serene. Our Restaurant~~ There is a small private dining room at Ocean One, The Fish Bowl, which can accommodate up to 14 guests in a private setting with an ocean view. We also have a completely separate banquet room, The Spirit Room, for private party catering from 10-100 guests. Our Menu~~ The Ocean One menu is eclectic Contemporary American. The menu changes frequently based on seasonal availability of locally sourced products, fresh produce and the daily catch. We prepare all of our sauces, dressings and desserts on the premises and every dish is made to order and can be modified to your personal preferences. Wine Wednesdays and Specialty Cocktails~~ Ocean One has an on staff Sommelier to assist in your wine selection from our extensive list. On Wednesday evenings all bottles half priced – Wine Wednesdays! There is a large selection of great wines by the glass and specialty cocktails prepared with our own infused alcohols. We’d love to have you dine with us!
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit to Austin’s Ocean One and we were very pleased. Our server Sarah was very helpful and informative. Our meals were superb. From the crab cake appetizer to the lamb and veal chops, we couldn’t have asked for a better dining experience.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

It had been awhile since the hubby, I and friends had been down to Litchfield, so happy that we did! The risotto is amazing along with the service, we be back soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Dinner was amazing. The “ Ring of Fire” was delicious although it was supposed to be spicy & there was only a squiggle of sriracha sauce on the edge of the plate & the “fried rice” was not very tasty (0 out of 4 didn’t finish it). The rolls were warm & delicious - especially with the black olive butter. We were too full for dessert.
There was one poor waiter doing his best but we were for an hour and a half & only ordered entrees.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We enjoy fine dining & fine food & Austin's provided both!!

We enjoy fine dining & fine food & Austin's provided both!! Our waitress, Cindy, was
superior in knowledge of the menu & very attentive in service. Restaurant overlooks
beach & ocean & adds to your enjoyment of your dining experience. Treat yourself &
visit Austin's Ocean One! MD... Myrtle Beach

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We had fond memories of our meal at Austin's when we were in Myrtle Beach 12 years ago so, when we discovered that it had moved to the Litchfield Oceanview Inn where we are staying, we had high hopes of a similar experience. Having arrived later in the afternoon on a Friday, we did not have time to make a reservation and so showed up around 6:30 in hopes that they could seat us. We knew that there was a car rally group staying at the inn and so were not surprised when we were told that a large group had booked the space and they could not accommodate us. So we made a reservation for the next night. We also had lunch there the next day - and really enjoyed the meal and our server James. My husband tried the soft shell crab sandwich - his first experience with this dish and I had the brussels sprouts caesar. The salad was a huge mound of slivered sprouts with a very mild caesar dressing and I had lightly battered oysters alongside. Enough for two or three people and very tasty.

That evening, we dressed up and headed down the hall (lanai) to the restaurant. When we got there we were greeted at shown to our oceanview table. As we passed the reception desk, there was a couple asking for a table (without a reservation). As other reviewers have noted, the hostess had to go back to the kitchen to find out if they could be seated. As the place was not even half full all evening, I can't imagine why, except that they were not "dressed up". Restaurants in tourist areas should realize that not all travellers pack their "Sunday best". Even if you show up in jeans, you should be respected for the cash in your wallet, not how you look. Except men should take their hats off! Anyway, our server, Sarah, was very friendly and attentive. We ordered our drinks and she brought them and allowed us some time with the menu, then came back to tell us about the specials. I had been thinking about getting a salad and an appetizer as I have been finding that there is way too much food in a main course and, being of the generation that was told to clean their plates, I have been letting it all go to waist, instead of waste. Then I go to bed feeling overly full and can't sleep.

But the lobster milanese beckoned as did the seared scallops. So I ordered both. The scallop appetizer was inspired - both of us had it and, with one extra scallop, could have been a main for me. Hubby's surf and turf was perfectly cooked and he enjoyed it. I'm sorry to say that I cannot claim the same for my Lobster Milanese. The poor lobster was flattened beyond recognition and breaded with a parmesan crust that totally obscured the flavour of lobster. There was some sort of nondescript sauce that did not enhance the dish as well as a small dish of clarified butter that also did not enhance the dish - the breaded lobster was greasy enough without it. Also, the breading was so deeply embedded in the meat that it could not be scraped off. The angel hair pasta which came with it was tasteless. I didn't even get to the arugula salad as, surprise! we were presented with a caesar salad in between our appies and mains. I don't recall seeing anything about that on the menu. Again TOO MUCH FOOD!

When I complained about my meal, Sarah sent the manager, JJ over to us. She seemed sympathetic and concerned and offered me another main, but at that point, I had eaten about a quarter of the lobster (wanted, really wanted, to give it a chance) and I did not want more food. She also mentioned that I could have had a plain lobster tail, but it is not on the menu - how then would I know to ask for it!!?? The menu item should have been taken off the bill, or at least we should have been offered free dessert and/or coffee. I did order dessert - needed chocolate after all that trauma! And the Godiva Chocolate Mousse delivered! I actually would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a fine dining experience in the area. But I would recommend to the kitchen to take the Lobster Milanese off the menu.