“Local fishermen..”
Review of Bistro 217

Bistro 217
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere is top notch. The wait staff are impeccable. The fresh seafood out of this world. Adam the co owner an chief is beyond genuine. Don't miss out people...

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Had a delightful lunch Easter week .Waitstaff was great food was excellent .Had a very good shrimp dish.Others had a Rueben and lunch salad.Everyone was happy with what they got .Everything was very nice

Reviewed 6 April 2018

With some hesitation we made reservations at Bistro 217 because they don't actually list any vegan dishes on the menu. In our group, 3 of us are vegan, 1 vegetarian, and one pescatarian. But on the phone a chef assured us they could serve us plant-based dishes. (This type of leap of faith doesn't always work out in reality, but we decided to try them since their general reviews were great.). When we arrived, the waiter consulted the chef and they suggested for vegan fare an asian type bowl, an Italian type bowl, or a salad with grilled vegetables. We got the first two. WOW! All I can say is why are these dishes NOT on the menu? They were simply outstanding! In the Asian bowl, the vegetables were so incredibly fresh and perfect -- spring peas, spinach, cauliflower, yellow squash, ginger, with noodles in a delicious broth. The Italian bowl also had vegetables in a tomato sauce base with angel hair pasta. My teenage daughter couldn't stop raving about it. In our party we also got a delicious greens salad (dare I say perfect), the yummy butter bean hummus appetizer (feta on side), the squash soup and pear salad, and also the seafood bowl (frutti di mare). Everything was amazing, especially the service, by the waiter Steven, who couldn't have been more thoughtful or accommodating. Can't think of anything to improve this dining experience -- and that was after almost giving up hope of finding a nice place to eat out in Pawley's Island on a plant-based diet. I hope they put a few vegan options actually on the menu, so people will know. I hope that restaurants start to realize that vegans also love fresh, creative, delicious food, and love to see a few options on the menu instead of having to "special order" all the time.

4  Thank clovie52
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I had a little trouble seeing the sign but once I found it I was greeted by a courteous staff that made me feel like I was a regular. I ordered the braised short rib and the meat fell off the bone. The owner Anne came over and introduced herself even though it was a busy night. Greg at the bar was very informative about the menu and the service was excellent. I can't wait to go back and try some of the other entrees on the menu. There was a wide variety to choose from and I'm looking forward to my next visit.

1  Thank BigSheek
Reviewed 1 April 2018

This restaurant never fails to make every diner have a delicious meal! At the recent fashion show luncheon all at our table were VERY SATISFIED! The restaurant is always very crowded for this event but the excellent staff handles everything with ease, professionalism and friendliness. Our server, Frank (I hope I remembered correctly), was thoughtful, personable and efficient. All meals were as delicious as usual. We all agree that when anyone suggests going to Bistro 217 it is a unanimous YES!!!!!
Keep up the good work Adam Kirby & Anne Hardee