“Great dinner in Pawley’s”

Southern Comforts, Southern Dining & Seafood Shack
Ranked #36 of 100 Restaurants in Pawleys Island
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 32
Description: Homemade Comfort Foods with a twist. A large variety of overstuffed Sandwiches, Salads, and Appetizers. Fresh Seafood, buttermilk fried chicken, BBQ ribs, steaks,Garden Veggies and Kids Menu always available. Award winning Desserts and Bake shop. Full Bar with a large selection of Wines & Craft Beers. The Best Buttermilk Fried Chicken in the area, and the Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie & Carrot are to die for! Coffee Shop and special event center that seats 100. Local seafood and everything is homemade. Try our blackened oysters or our new low country boil. Fresh oysters and clams! Check out all of the great things going on at Southern Comforts seafood shack
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We visited Southern Comforts Restaurant for dinner this evening on our last night in town.
Sean was our server and he was friendly and attentive. Our glass was never empty! Being from PA my husband and I recognized his accent and thought he was either from Philly or NJ. He said he was actually from NJ and had moved here with a friend. This was his first serving job...he’s going to be just fine!
Anyway, back to the food. My husband had the clam chowder and I tried it as well. It had lots of seafood and a great flavor. Not too thick and not too thin, it had a nice consistency.
I had the Crab Stuffed Shrimp
(9 small) w/Green beans and Gorgonzola mashed potatoes. This was absolutely delicious! Everything was fresh and had a nice flavor!
My husband had the Shrimp and Grits and liked it as well. He did say that his grits were not very warm on the bottom of the bowl, so they could have been heated more.
Overall, this place is a gem! Loved the atmosphere, food and service was great too! My only regret is not trying a dessert...
Maybe next time!

1  Thank CCochran7675

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Food is fresh and looks and tastes great! I had the grouper and my wife had the crab cakes. Sides of corn fritters casserole and zucchini were excellent. Side salad was one of the freshest I've had at a restaurant. Waitress seemed a little frazzled, but regardless she did a good job.

agm621902014, Owner at Southern Comforts, Southern Dining & Seafood Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Thank you we appreciate your positive feedback. Our staff strives to be the best. We use only fresh products in our kitchen and that makes a big difference. Your server that day is new but I think she will be great when she settles into it a little. Thanks again
Greg Metcalfe
Chef / Owner

Reviewed 7 February 2018

We have never dined here and we weren't disappointed! The fried green tomato appetizer was great as well as he southern fried chicken and the ahi tuna plate.
Our waitress was wonderful and we weren't disappointed....we will return

1  Thank Araxie62
agm621902014, Owner at Southern Comforts, Southern Dining & Seafood Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

I will let the staff know. I assume you dined with us on Monday or Tuesday so I will let the server that worked that day that you were happy with her service. Hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

From the walking in the door and being greeted by the chef, to the specials that they offer, you feel right at home with the people that work there.

If you are traveling through Pawleys Island stop here!

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Just enjoyed the Tuesday half-price burgers. Such a great deal, feel free to add the extra toppings for extra enjoyment. Deals every day of the week (but closed Wednesday). Greg (owner) keeps upping the game. We appreciate his efforts and expertise. PS: also bought a fresh loaf of 9-grain bread and it is killer! [good job Chris] PPS: great service from Nicole2.