“Under new management!!!”

Tokyo Steak & Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 104 Restaurants in Orangeburg
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 28 February 2015 via mobile

I came when the management was different and enjoyed it. But, The management now is awesome! Some of the best sushi! The food is fresher exclamation atmosphere is better! Completely revamped the layout! New booth and table! New carpet! Do sushi chef! He rocks! The best 5 stars!

6  Thank ssrobinson

Reviewed 22 February 2015

Service was fast to bring us our drinks and take orders. We chose hibachi dining around the grill over table service. We had a party of four adults and two under six. {We had called for reservations}

The soup was hot and very chickeny; the salad arrived pretty soon thereafter. The grill chef arrived and flamed some sake or oil that thoroughly delighted the children and made them turn their heads due to the intensity of the display. Nice!

He prepared the vegetables first and served them, as we were munching on them he cracked several eggs and fried rice into a large pile. Amazingly he took ginger sauce and made lines on the grill a nose and smile on the rice then added two limes for eyes on Japanese SpongeBob, cute. I had the New York strip steak which is cut naturally in bite size pieces for eating with chopsticks if that's how you like to do it. She had the salmon, which was quite a large fillet about 1/2 inch tall and a 6 inch by 6 inch size.

He plated the rice on our plates and the steak and fish followed shortly. My son my DIL and grandchildren had some steak and a sushi platter that they devoured with relish. It was nice to see the four year old eating sushi rather than refusing to try new things. Styrofoam clamshell take-out boxes were requested and arrived. All the adults left with one which I am sure will be a complete meal for each later.

Overall if you like (love) the freshest sushi in the Orangeburg area you will not go wrong here. The steak and fish were excellent as well. The restrooms were very clean which is one of the items I am strict on in rating any restaurant. If you want to sit around the grill as a group I would recommend you call first and make a reservation.

1  Thank TipSC
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I never thought I would see the day when there would be an establishment serving sushi in our little town. But here it is and the food is good. Also the rest of the food is good. They know what are doing. And they must because they are usually busy. The food is well prepared whether ordered a la carte, cooked in front of you or at the sushi bar. And they have great take out.

1  Thank ACW2243
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The grill chef was the best part. Seats were torn, carpet dirty and the service was lacking. Would not recommend for dinner.

1  Thank Pam M
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My wife and I had lunch at this fairly popular restaurant and were very dissapointed with the service we received. After getting drink, soup and salad relatively quickly it took over 30 minutes to get our entres and I'm not sure we would have gotten them without asking the waitress to check on our food. The entres arrived stone cold. We have eaten here before and although the service was on the slow side the food always arrived hot. We did complain to the manager and to his credit made our meal no charge. We will think twice about going back.