“The Beach as it should be.”
Review of Jamaica Motel

and 1 more site!
Jamaica Motel
Ranked #17 of 52 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Have stayed at this family friendly Motel for years the staff is so frienldy and make you feel like family. The location in North Myrtle Beach is outstanding and plenty of room on the Beach directly in front of the motel to accomadate guests, also Parking is great.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Coolmattguy
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Jamaica Motel

Reviewed 4 October 2011

Me & my spouse came to Myrtle Beach on our motorcycle for my organization & my organization was staying in Bay Watch Resort which was too expensive for a small place like that & me & my husband was only staying overnight. So we went to other hotels there were no vacancy do to biker weekend. So we stop at Jamaica she gave us an nice price for two beds because she didnt have a one bed available she let us check the room before we purchased it in which I thought was fanastic we purchased the room the only thing I didnt like about it was the room didnt have an iron board, iron, nor lotion in the room & you had to pay a $10 deposit for the remote but u will get the $10 back when you check out but everything was in the lobby so it was still okay. We had an beautiful oceanview. The next day I had to meet with my organization & we didnt get any beach time so we went to the lobby & ask to stay until 3pm. They are the nicest hotel staff I ever been too. We will most definitely go back there ever time I go to Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SexynessHottie
Reviewed 11 August 2011

This hotel is great!! Everytime I visit the beach I stay here. The rate is AWSOME. The rooms are very clean w/full kitchen and your private balcony what more can you ask for.

The staff is always asking about your stay and making sure you have every thing you need to enjoy your stay. I tell all my friends about it.

Room Tip: All of these rooms are OCEAN FRONT with private balconies and full kitchens very clean. I love it...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank valerie f
Reviewed 23 September 2010

I saw pictures of this motel prior to booking and I knew it would not be 5 stars, but I never thought it would be so gloomy, old, smelly, and depressing. If the location was any other place besides the beach a person may need anti depressants to stay in the room.
I was looking for an inexpressive place because I would not be in the room very much. But even the short amount of time I did spend in it was too much! I could not wait to leave. The “smell” of the room was the first thing that I notice followed by seeing all of the wood paneling on all the walls. In the bathroom the peeling and molding linoleum, clogged drain in the shower, dirty shower curtain gave me more scary things to see and feel. The uncomfortable bed, old faded pictures, yard sale furniture and lamps, lack of an alarm clock and no "do not disturb sign" are just a few of the tell tale signs that this place needs a major renovation.
When I went to check in the “office” smelled like burnt toast and it was crowded with junk. The person who checked me in seemed very unorganized and uninterested. She answered the phone and was taking a reservation in the middle of checking me in. I had to wait about 5 minutes for her to finish.
The positives of this place are it is inexpensive, safe, right on the beach, and parking (although it is tricky because the spots are so close together you must do a lot of manipulating of your car to get in and out of the parking spots). All in all I will not stay there ever again!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
5  Thank clovercleo
Reviewed 15 July 2010

I'm not sure if this is the correct hotel....the Jamaica Motel we stayed at was 1427 S. Ocean Blvd, North Myrtle Beach. We ran across this motel while looking for somewhere to spend our honeymoom weekend. It was MUCH cheaper than any of the others we looked at, and I don't think I've ever stayed at a cleaner motel! It is 3 miles to Barefoot Landing, an ideal location. The owners were a pleasure to deal with! The pool was clean, as was the entire motel! We loved everything about it!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple