“Also good place for business meetings”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Avista Resort

Avista Resort
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Also good place for business meetings”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We just returned from a week-end at the Avista in North Myrtle Beach. We have stayed there several times (business/pleasure) and have not been disappointed. This isn't a hotel like a Hilton, etc. These are condos owned by individuals and are managed by the Avista organization. We were on the 15th floor this time and ocean front. It was overcast and rain this week-end so I enjoyed my balcony and listening to a disc jockey playing music below at the pool. The staff is very friendly and helpful as is housekeeping. Rooms were very clean with a fully equipped kitchen area. Can cook if you are inclined. Our room had a missing light bulb and the remote for the living room TV did not work. Maintenance was sent up immediately and took care of those only two issues. There is a TV in the bedroom as well. They have WIFI so all I did was plug in my computer and switch over to their system...didn't need the cable. The food is not great in their restaurant....but with all the wonderful restaurants in Myrtle and North Myrtle....I prefer to go out to eat. They have a huge parking garage so there are no shortage of parking spaces. Lastly, I didn't notice any unpleasant odors through the hallways and elevators like there is in many beach hotels. Comfortable and clean with a great view of the ocean. It's a keeper for us!

Room Tip: We liked Room 1524 this trip but I did like the furnishings better in the room we stayed in last yea...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank joeygirl911
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (613)
Maryland
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I booked this hotel 3 days before arrival and was feeling a bit desperate as it was Spring Break. I was very happy with the location--very North, so it was not crazy loud or crowded. Upon arrival, the front desk staff were as nice as can be, very helpful with little tips on parking, unloading etc. Our room was on the 12th floor, oceanfront. It was nice, about the same as other Myrtle Beach resorts, well appointed, very clean and spacious. The view from the balcony was great. Being on the 12th floor, most of the noise came from the ocean waves, which I LOVED! The bathroom was large and updated. Idid not realize until our last day that it had a washer/dryer-a bonus! It was a great value for Spring Break. Keep in mind it is not a Marriott, but it is clean, safe and reasonable. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the 12th floor, very quiet except for the ocean waves.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank corb2430
connecticut
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed with friends and had a difficult evening trying to get the children asleep due to the college kids enjoying Spring Break a little too much!

Room Tip: Great view of the beach helps!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Windsor, Ontario
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We spent 12 nights at the Avista. This was our third visit and it will not be our last. While this is no 6-star resort, it's a perfect location and facility. It's close to everything, but well removed from the chaos of Myrtle Beach. We love being walking distance to the dining and shopping on Main Street, and the resort offers a great selection of golf courses for their packages. We had fantastic weather, and the Avista was a wonderful home base.

We stayed in a King Ocean View room, and were pleasantly surprised to be located on the 17th floor. While Room 1712 didn't have a view over the centre pools, we were facing north, and had stunning sunrises every morning of our visit. And, the side-facing location offered a quiet haven from the noise that sometimes comes up from the pool.

Our room was spotlessly clean, and kept that way throughout our entire visit. We enjoyed Happy Hour in the Tree Top Lounge and breakfast at Just Off Main on our six golf days. The staff in both locations were friendly and very accommodating.

The only complaint I would offer...please take out the ridiculous combo washer/dryer machines. They are a ridiculous waste of time and energy, and do not do a very good job of cleaning clothes! I ended up using the on-site laundry (which I was very pleased with!) rather than the colosal waste of 3 hours for one load of laundry in the combo machine in our suite.

Thank you Avista, we had a wonderful vacation.

Room Tip: The north side location provided stunning morning views, but were in shade by noon of each day.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank R0b_and_Nancy
Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Though I live in West Myrtle Beach, occasionally, I need a break from my busy life. I have taken advantage of off season rates at the Avista, and have stayed there a few times, when I needed a change of scenery, like a mini staycation. My last stay was at the end of December, prior to New Year's Eve, and I was greeted warmly by the staff. The lobby was decorated for the holidays beautifully. It is my opinion that the Avista is professionally run, and they fixed the need for me to have an ethernet cable in some of the rooms for Wi-Fi. Yeah ! I stayed in an upgraded room, ocean view, with a nice HD TV. It is clean. The bathtub is so comfy too. You know, sometimes you just click with a front desk clerk, and I have to say that there was a gentleman on the night shift, that was cheery, informative, and a delight. I told him he made my stay, because he was so pleasant. With the beach there, and shopping close by, including all night grocery if you need it, the Avista is a good bet. I feel like I am getting a slice of luxury, for a very competitive rate. And I have to comment that the efficiency of staff is a plus. You could easily get addicted to the comfort and style of the Avista.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
The Prince Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
3.1 km away
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach Resort
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.6 km away
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
7.1 km away
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#2 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to Avista Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK