Used to go there in the mid to late 90's....it was pretty "nice" by North Myrtle Beach standards back then, but have since found much nicer and newer facilities over the past ten years. Opted to go back for an extended weekend to revisit the old stomping grounds and see how it had held up. Was pretty disappointed. Doesn't appear they've done much to it and it shows. They have allowed their neighbor, North Beach Plantation, to dwarf them and show how outdated they are. I used to sit by the pool and enjoy some tranquility, this time I sat and watched a group of guys toss bud lights to each other in the pool. This after leaving the beach due to a few cigarette smoking, drinking, cussing what seemed to be minors trying to be cool I suppose...which you would have thought their mom's would have told them they were far from it.
The walls must have gotten thinner as well. We could easily hear the guest in the next room as we laid in bed, and had to listen to their conversation until 2:30 a.m..
Small TV, cheap hotel furniture, worn carpet, dirty elevators, in need of painting, keys would not work even after making two trips to the front desk to have them re-done, etc...
The place is centrally located, easy to get to all attactions in Myrtle and all restaurants, but I would recommend upgrading to the newer neighbor (North Beach Plantation), which I will do when I go back....either there or make the drive on up to Myrtle and stay at the Marriott Grand Dunes on 84th ave. north.....YES.....you will pay more, but I'd be willing to bet there won't be any beer tossing guest in the pool and you'll have a much more tranquil stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Message from TripAdvisor: Condominiums at the Beach Cove Resort are owned and operated by several different management companies, so quality and service standards may vary. If you wish to book a specific unit or a unit owned or managed by a specific company, please ask about that unit before booking your trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Beach Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Cove Hotel North Myrtle Beach
- Beach Cove Myrtle Beach Sc
- Beach Cove North Myrtle Beach
- Beach Cove Resort North Myrtle Beach South Carolina
- Beach Cove Resort n Myrtle