“Very clean and spacious condo.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Havens #1122

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
jmertn
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Very clean and spacious condo.”
Reviewed 3 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

Neat and clean 3 bedroom 2 bath condo with full kitchen/dining/living. Decorated very nicely and we had plenty of space. Awesome screened in porch. Huge master suite with whirlpool tub. We felt very SAFE in the locked building (key code). Elevators in this building are a nice touch. Very convenient to Barefoot Landing. I would have given this condo 4 stars but we had a few issues.

1. None of the pools are heated. They were all ICE cold. We could not swim. (Across the street, North Beach Plantation heats their pools-we stayed there last year.)
2. We knew we would not be ocean front, but this condo is QUITE a drive from the BACK of Barefoot Resort to the beach and the beach shuttle does not run on weekdays until June, I believe, so that was frustrating. We stayed during the week and they were only running on the weekends.
3. We rented through Vacation Rentals of North Myrtle Beach. They were ok to work with but they don't return calls and sometimes get their policy mixed up depending on who you speak to.

Examples:
1. We were told we would have access to the unit's garage to park our car in. When we arrived, we had no access to the garage. I called immediately and left a message. No response. Called the next day, no answer. I never did get an answer, and saw all other renters parking outside the garage so we did, too. When we checked out and my husband inquired he was told "We never got a message from you."

2. I was told by an employee over the phone that early check in was possible if nobody rented the unit the day prior to us. When I emailed to confirm this, they said no, check in is 4pm and they were not sure why I was told this.

3. I was told by an employee there was a 200.00 deposit for a pool key card. I asked if they could hold a check as the deposit. The lady told me she would ask and call me back. Never got a call back. When we checked in, they said as long as we had a card on file, they didn't need a deposit.

4. No resort map. That would have been a nice touch as it is a very large resort.

So, things seemed to vary depending on who you talked to at the rental company. It by no means ruined our trip, but it was somewhat frustrating.

Also, know that you are started with VERY BASIC supplies. One trash bag in each trash can (you are required to carry out the trash to the dumpster at the end of your stay). No dish soap. One dishwasher tablet. One teeny silver dollar size soap in the hall bath. No soap in the master bath. One roll of TP per bathroom. We ended up going out and buying trash bags, toilet paper, and hand soap. For over 1000.00 for a 3 night stay, I thought they could have provided a little more. Last year at North Beach Plantation we didn't have this issue.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Very clean and spacious. Secure. Close to shopping. Pet friendly.
Liked least: Barely any supplies, no heated pools.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
4 Jun 2016
Thank you for your review. We do apologize for the confusion and the phone call issues. Memorial Day Week is very busy and we do have new staff members that are not aware of all the policies and procedures yet. The pools are not heated and since it is early in the season, the water is still cool. The pool passes is a new procedure so that is why the employee had to check. The garage is not available to the guests and it is not advertised in the listing. This is a vacation rental and we do offer a starter package with supplies but it is not a hotel so we do not replenish. This property is really nice and we appreciate your feedback. Hope we can help you again in the future and understand how this works for your next stay. We can offer you a 10% discount off your next stay. Thanks again for your review and we hope that we can help you again in the future.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing