“Mar Vista 912”

Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
new york
“Mar Vista 912”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

My family of five just spent a fantastic week at Mar Vista Grande # 912.
No longer will I shell out for a hotel when I can have a brand new apartment on the ocean with three huge bedrooms and ample family space. My kids loved the large screen TV's.
I appreciated the indoor pool when it rained one day..it kept my kids busy.
The apartemnt was in a good location with lots of food stores etc. all around.
The apartment was brand new and everything was very clean.
I was able to cook when we wanted to and all appliances were brand new.
The kids were able to go directly to the beach and I could watch them from my bedroom and balcony.
Friends arrived late and decided to stay the night .There was plenty of extra space for a few extra people to camp out overnight.
I am already reserving my spot for next year.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
39 Thank san18
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
North Royalton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We have stayed our last stay at the Mar Vista this past week We have been here fr the past 3 years. This year was a complete change it was dirty and I dont mean a little dust it was filthy even after the cleaning crew came out we still found potato chips in the master bed!!! The showers were so sand and hair filled I wasted the 1st day scrubbing on my vacation while my family swam. The floor was so dirty when I washed it myself with the bath towel it was black instead of white. We killed 2 semi large roaches and that was the 9th floor! I can say that the 2 years prior were amazing this year not so much.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank Maura S
David D, General Manager at Mar Vista Grande, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Thank you for your loyalty. We apologize for the condition the unit was found in. Our objective is to provide every guest with an excellent experience. Since this post, we have tried contacting you to further resolve these issues. Please contact me at your convenience.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Everything from the floor to the ceiling – and I mean everything -- was brand new in Suite 912, a spacious oceanfront condo they call Lucky Dogs. Mar Vista Grande is the best building in North Myrtle Beach and Suite 912 is the finest condo in Mar Vista. It’s not just that everything is new. It’s how upscale it is! My husband’s an electronics nut and he was blown away by the equipment. There’s a 60-inch TV in the living room! There are other big-screen TVs in the bedrooms. There are BluRay players, Ipod docking stations and a high-speed router. Did I mention they’re new? I love to cook, and I was blown away by the kitchen. All the appliances are top-of-the-line Jenn-Air stainless steel. The kitchen’s well stocked with brand-name cookware, dishes and utensils, such as Fiesta. All new. There’s fancy granite on all the counters, fancy tile or carpet on all the floors, fancy drapes and shades on all the windows, fancy furniture and fancy ceiling fans. All new. The bedrooms are big and have plush headboards and bedding. The stunning master has a sliding glass door to the oceanfront balcony. There’s a sliding glass door from the living room, too. We ate breakfast and lunch on the balcony every day while overlooking the sea and sand. What a view -- we could see all the way up and down the coastline. The dining room has an extra-large, glass-topped, round table – perfect for our not-so-small family. The master bathroom is massive, containing a double sink, a large jacuzzi tub and a two-person shower with hand-held sprayer and a seat. The handsome second master, with another ensuite bathroom, gave us two queen beds all made up like a Tommy Bahama. The last bedroom, with two queen beds, was fun and colorful. So, it was easy to make sleeping arrangements because everyone felt they had good accommodations. Original artwork is everywhere. I took it as a sign of how they went above and beyond when decorating Lucky Dogs. It wasn’t easy to tear my crew away from the 60” TV in the living room, but really it wasn’t too hard because you’re there for the beachy stuff and Mar Vista has tons of it. Beachside, there’s a lazy river, a big hot tub, a pool and a tiki bar (yummy pina coladas but a bit pricey). Mar Vista sits right on the wide beach, so we set up on the sand every day except one. It rained one day and we went inside to the big indoor pool, another big hot tub, a kiddie pool and the well-equipped fitness center on the 5th floor. The building’s a few blocks to Main Street’s family entertainment district. Most nights we just walked over to see what was happening and enjoyed everything North Myrtle has to offer. It was an awesome beach getaway! We’ll definitely be back at Lucky Dogs next year.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
42 Thank Samson R
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Either sittng on the balcony, in the livingroom or eating breakfast at the dining table the ocean front views were breathtaking. We decided to add an extra night and they accommodated us by offering another unit for that night. They made the transition smooth as we were at a show at The Palace Theater when the unit became available so they moved our belongings to the other unit for us. Both units were clean and beautifully decorated. Beds were comfortable and water pressure was great (my pet peeve). This was our first trip to Myrtle Beach and won't be the last. We are already looking into visting again in Spring 2013 and hope one of the two units we stayed in will be available. I highly recommend!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
21 Thank SONYAnDavid
Reviewed 17 August 2012

My family came to visit at the beginning of August. They stayed at the Mar Vista Grande and we stayed a few nights with them. We loved it! The resort was so nice, the employees were so friendly and responsive to our every need. Not to mention the wonderful tiki bar by the pool:-) It was a wonderful place to enjoy a family vacation!!

• Stayed August 2012