“Another Great Vacation”
Review of The Prince Resort

The Prince Resort
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We love the Prince Resort. We stayed June 10-17, 2012 and this was our second visit to the hotel. Check-in was simple, and everyone we encountered from the front desk to housekeeping was friendly & efficient. The ocean-front two bedroom is perfect for my family. Both times we have stayed here our rooms have been clean and very well stocked. We love the big floor to ceiling windows and the fantastic views. The location at the pier is great. We love to walk on the pier & do a little fishing. This has become our home-away-from-home in Cherry Grove. We have recommended it to several friends and family and will definitely return next year.

16  Thank LoveTheBeach66
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Prince Resort

Reviewed 17 June 2012

Upon arrival after 15 hour trip, we were told the room reserved months before was not available.At 10pm an hour later, we were bumped miles down the road to a sister property, Sea Side Resort. Horrible: very tight parking garage, uncomfortable beds,old furniture, breakfast food shortage, dirty lazy river, noone on front desk from 11pm-7am, fireworks and smoking next door until after 1 am every night.No followup after reporting these violations. I have vacationed internationally and this was the worst vacation ever. This is not resort quality for the outrageous money we paid. Never again!

6  Thank Jill W
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

I am terribly sorry to hear that this occured to you and your family after a long drive. Please contact me directly at 843-417-1333 or Suzanne Fair at 843-417-1300 ext 7160 to discuss your experience. We would like to gain further insight and rectify this immediately.

Reviewed 16 June 2012

Wow. I read great reviews about this hotel. I was so excited to come here. The beach here is wonderful and being on the pier is great. The hotel however is a disappointment. I expected better for $250 a night. I will just make a list of why I was so disappointed. (We were in room 904)

1. The room is not very clean. The tubs are stained. The shower curtains are stained. The carpets are stained and torn. Our feet would get dirty from walking around our room barefoot.
2. The furniture is TERRIBLE. Especially the beds. It was like sleeping on a piece of cardboard. The couch and chairs are equally uncomfortable. There is no comfortable place to relax in the room which I find disappointing since we spend some time indoors since we have a 1 year old.
3. The tubs (both tubs!)drained SO SLOW. I had to stand in a tub of water when I showered. I could not give my daughter a bath the second night because the tubs were filthy from the standing water and housekeeping did not clean then. I complained and they came and unclogged the drains the next day though they still did not clean them. I expect for $250 a night I should at least be able to bathe my child.
4. There seemed to be an issue with towels and wash clothes? We had NO wash clothes when we arrived. They sent some up that night but then they were not replaced by housekeeping the next day.
5. The appliances were in bad condition. The refrigerator would shut all the way unless you rearranged the molding around the door every time you opened it. The top of the microwave fell off when we used it the first time. The turn plate wouldn't turn in the microwave.
6. The toilet in the master bath ran and dripped constantly. The bathroom spelled like urine upon arrival and the smell stayed our entire trip. I complained about the running toilet as it interfered with my sleep but no one ever came to fix it.

Those were the biggest issues I had with the room. I just expected more. The hotel has a lot of potential. The views from the room are great. I just can't understand why they wouldn't spend a little but more money to on nicer beds and upkeep of the room.

9  Thank MaddysMommy1209
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

Mrs. Jackson, we are very concerned with the issues you experienced during your stay with us. We would love to talk with you directly regarding this and rectify your situation immediately. We have just recently restructured our housekeeping and engineering departments in an effort to avoid similiar situations from occuring. Please contact me at 843-417-1300 ext 7160 to discuss in further detail.

Reviewed 16 June 2012

My suggestions: get one of the corner units for panoramic shoreline views (I love the view to the south!), spend evenings in the hot tub on the deck of the 9th floor while the kids float in the lazy river, walk over to the little walkway at the inlet marsh and observe the little sand crabs which sneak out if you stand still enough, love the easy access to Bolineau's, which has everything you may need in a pinch...

My family loves this place, from the views, to the room layouts, to the location. It's not a resort by any means. What it is is a spacious condo unit with lovely views, easy beach access, and a great pool area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
12  Thank Stacey B
Reviewed 15 June 2012

This place has not a single quality of a resort. At a resort, I expect food and beverage service at the pool, which I never saw at Prince. Some exclusiveness would be nice at the beach, but it is right at at public beach access point and next to a pier, which Prince does not own. So, the beach is very crowded. The worst part is the elevators. Many times two out of the three were broken and we used the stirs to the 14th floor. No air conditioning on hot elevators or stairwells. The parking garage was dangerous to drive in with two way traffic and tiny parking spots. The lazy river was small and looked dirty. Redeeming qualities were a nice room, kept clean daily. We left one day early from this trip.

4  Thank RaleighSharon
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

I am truly sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your vacation with us. We typically do not have issues with our elevators as this was a rare occurence. Please understand that we take our guests' safety very seriously and until the elevatores were functioning poperly we coulnd not risk your safety. We also offer two restauratns on site that are open from morning til night for our guests convenience. Please consider one of our sister proprrties that are not adjacent to a pier and do offer pool side food and beverage services for your next vacation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
3.4 km away
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
6.5 km away
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
8.0 km away
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
10.5 km away
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#1 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to The Prince Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK